New engine question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a brand new engine built. It is warming up here but every few nights it does get in the 20-30’s. Since it is a new engine & doesn’t have any water inside, does it need to be winterized while it sits in the jet ski? Thanks guys!

If it hasn’t been in the water or hooked up and ran on the water “hose”, block is essentially dry, everything should be ok.
Buy BR8ES solid tip plugs gapped at .22-.24 thousands, new fuel, clean RAVE’s, charge battery, ( tender ).
12.5 - 14.4 is sufficient. Crank, see what happens ..

The usual gremlins can show up depending on how the ski has been taken care of. Report back asap.

The usual gremlins can show up depending on how the ski has been taken care of. Report back asap.
I hope it’s running perfect after what I’ve spent! Paid for the entire motor to be redone & a brand new carb. Plus replaced all the fuel lines, fuel selector, filters, all that good stuff.

Pics of the motor?
This is all I got at the moment but the guy did a tremendous job. Everything looks extremely smooth. Found out my crankshaft snapped so he replaced that & my bottom casing had a ton of dings in it so he replaced it also. But everything was replaced. Probably gonna clean it up a bit & call it good. 9C2B1175-F19E-4C56-B0D4-29DFA9BD8C8B.jpeg

Why is the bottom of the crankcase a different color than the top half?

Make sure you use the correct oil, those dark stained hoses are a sore thumb that the previous oil was wrong.

Why is the bottom of the crankcase a different color than the top half?

Make sure you use the correct oil, those dark stained hoses are a sore thumb that the previous oil was wrong.
Lol it looks weird I know. My bottom crankcase was really beat up so the guy that rebuilt it used an extra one he had for me. It’s the correct size, just not the same color unfortunately.

Lol it looks weird I know. My bottom crankcase was really beat up so the guy that rebuilt it used an extra one he had for me. It’s the correct size, just not the same color unfortunately.
Big red flag! By the paint mismatch the bottom and top case halves are not the same.

You can not mix case halves. They are matched and line bored when torqued together at the factory. You have to replace them as a matched set.

Big red flag! By the paint mismatch the bottom and top case halves are not the same.

You can not mix case halves. They are matched and line bored when torqued together at the factory. You have to replace them as a matched set.
Definitely gonna keep an eye on this though. Thanks for always answering

I’ll actually message the guy now & ask why. Curious now. He has a whole business of just rebuilding engines. 5000 reviews 99.5%, all 5 stars so I just assumed he did good. Hopefully there’s a good reason, I’ll keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back