New boat question?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackboeker83

I have never owned a boat before and I am thinking of buying a Speedster Wake or Speedster 200. I would like to know if anyone knows the real difference between the 430hp and the 310hp versions. Is there much of a gas difference for the extra power? Do u really need 430hp? Like I said I have never owned a boat before but that sounds a little like overkill to me. My plan for this boat is to go out have some fun on the water, wakeboard and just be out on the water. Any advice you could give me would be great.

I have never owned a boat before and I am thinking of buying a Speedster Wake or Speedster 200. I would like to know if anyone knows the real difference between the 430hp and the 310hp versions. Is there much of a gas difference for the extra power? Do u really need 430hp? Like I said I have never owned a boat before but that sounds a little like overkill to me. My plan for this boat is to go out have some fun on the water, wakeboard and just be out on the water. Any advice you could give me would be great.
I love the speedster 200 with 310 hp that I have had for about a yr. The HP numbers are not as much overkill as you think because jets are less efficient than props. It is not like having twin 150 hp outboards on the boat. That being said, the 310 hp is plenty fast out of the hole and will hit mid 50s on the GPS. That's fast enough for me. With the known need to rebuild superchargers, there is no way I would have changed my decision to go with the 310

Is there alot more maintinance issues with the 430hp? I am looking at getting a 2008 or a 2007 model.

I believe the issue is that until somewhere in the 2008 model year SeaDoo used ceramic washers in the superchargers, which had the unfortunate characteristic of sudden failure thereby leading to a destroyed engine. :ack: The standard recommendation I have heard is to replace those with Titanium washers at the first opportunity. Even with that done, it is my understanding that the superchargers need to be rebuilt every 100 hours of use.

No thanks..... 310hp and no B.S. about superchargers is the way to go for me...

OK that helps alot... so 310hp still enough HP to go fast have fun and pull a wakeboard... that exactly what i want without all the trouble from the superchargers. Thanks alot... if anyone else has any other imput or things i should look for please feel free to chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back