New Batteries for Two 1997 Seadoos, GSX and SPX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a part number or something that I can use to search for compatible batteries for my two Seadoos? Are there any recommendations for batteries? Learned my lesson with the Walmart "EverStart", so I won't be buying them that cheap, but I don't want to drop huge money on batteries that might only get used 3 times a year.

I have a personal preference for the "DuraLast" brand at Autozone. Bought one of their "Silver" quality batteries for my old Ford F150 and it was the best battery I ever owned.

If you have 787's go with AGM batteries. Those engines need a good battery to crank. Bought a brand new battery from Walmart and it wouldn't crank my ski. There's no part number just do some research to find out what group size battery you need. I'm my XP I'm running a 16CL AGM battery.

+1. I have the Duralast Gold Powersports ETX 16L. It is an AGM battery with 19 amp hours and 325 Cranking Amps.

3 yrs, going strong.

If you have 787's go with AGM batteries. Those engines need a good battery to crank. Bought a brand new battery from Walmart and it wouldn't crank my ski. There's no part number just do some research to find out what group size battery you need. I'm my XP I'm running a 16CL AGM battery.

Yeah this is what I'm getting at. There doesn't seem to be any kind of part/model/class/type number for batteries, so the only other way I can think of to "shop" is by using website's "compatibility" search features, which I don't trust. The batter has physical dimensions, the connectors are a certain type, they are 12 volts, there's the cold cranking amps spec, etc... and also I assume that these batteries will also work in some motorcycles.

Maybe I'm making more out of this than is necessary?

+1. I have the Duralast Gold Powersports ETX 16L. It is an AGM battery with 19 amp hours and 325 Cranking Amps.

3 yrs, going strong.

I looked on AutoZone for a Duralast that would fit a "seadoo" but their search feature returned no results when I typed in "seadoo" as manufacturer. And there's a "marine battery" category, but they aren't all the same either, so again how do I specify a search like this so that only batteries that will fit my 97 GSX and 97 SPX are displayed?

Is there no word, or phrase or something that is unique to this size, voltage, connector style of battery?

Wait!

Wait I just did some searching and I think this is the magic text right here:

ETX16L

That's not a DuraCell-specific model. There are lots of batteries that show up in the results when you search for just that text.

Wait I just did some searching and I think this is the magic text right here:

ETX16L

That's not a DuraCell-specific model. There are lots of batteries that show up in the results when you search for just that text.

Yup. That is it. You won't find it under "SeaDoo". I guess they figure anyone looking is after a battery for the 4-tec which is quite a bit larger in size.

When I bought mine, they were "Made in the USA" and I think they were from Deka.

Yup. That is it. You won't find it under "SeaDoo". I guess they figure anyone looking is after a battery for the 4-tec which is quite a bit larger in size.

When I bought mine, they were "Made in the USA" and I think they were from Deka.

Okay good. I'm probably going to go with the DuraLast, since my own experience says it's good and someone else does too, but before I spend the money I like to shop and think and make sure it's the best decision. Sometimes you discover important things that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back