NEW 2017 SeaDoo GTX 155 - Hesitation after 2 seconds - Full Throttle Whole Time

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuckeyjim

Hello group.

I just purchased 2 SeaDoo GTX 155s and am experiencing an issue with one of them.

From a dead-stop holding the throttle fully engaged (the whole time) in "sport mode" it will take off strong, then after 2 seconds (around 9-11mph) it will bog down then take off fast as expected. Both of my SeaDoo's are brand new with ~20 hours. Wear rings and propellers seem to be pristine. The issue is intermittent on one of them (the other is balls-to-the-wall fast). They have been to the dealer 2x for this issue as they merely replaced the spark plugs the first time.

From research I found articles from a 97 having a similar issue which wound up being a pop-off valve however this much newer unit is fuel-injected.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

-Jim

Sounds electrical. Could be fuel starvation but if so I'm sure a competent dealership mechanic would find that problem and fix it. Electrical problems are harder to diagnose and can stump even the best of mechanics.

I'd start by pulling and checking every electrical connection. Make sure connection are clean. Make sure dielectric grease is properly installed where needed. Be sure all connectors are properly seated in all plug ends.

Do you have a wire diagram of the ship?

Thanks for the response. :)

Yes, I agree it's electrical and was thinking it's mostly likely some weird ECM glitch in the Intelligent Throttle control area.

I'll most likely be doing my own repairs once the warranty ends (or for things not covered). I have been unable to find any Shop Manuals or Diagrams for this 2017 GTX 155 model or even a 2016 model. It only has 20 hours on it and has been in the shop for 2 of the 4 weeks I've owned it.

Sounds electrical. Could be fuel starvation but if so I'm sure a competent dealership mechanic would find that problem and fix it. Electrical problems are harder to diagnose and can stump even the best of mechanics.

I'd start by pulling and checking every electrical connection. Make sure connection are clean. Make sure dielectric grease is properly installed where needed. Be sure all connectors are properly seated in all plug ends.

Do you have a wire diagram of the ship?

Just an update... Finally got the ski's back after over 3 months in the shop. I was told the issue was related to a loose connection of ground to the ECM; with no specifics. They seem to be running well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back