Need help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
What specifically is it doing or. It doing? Or are you asking what you should do starting it for the first time?

Hit start button and nothing at all? Try jumping the starter solenoid, see if it at least cranks. If it cranks, there is something electrically wrong. Trace wiring back from DESS post, start button, solenoid, etc.

-E

If its not cranking when you jump the solenoid, then look for a ground fault. If direct 12V to the starter is not spinning the starter, then you are not properly grounded. Use a multimeter to check across the from the +12V to the ground contact on your starter.

Other possibility is a short in your starter.

-E

I would get the battery load tested. You MUST start with something that is a KNOWN good. If you are certain it is good, then you have a bad cable, connection, or smoked starter.

To test the starter, use a car and jumper cables. Run the ground to the block and the hot wire to the starter. If you can't get to the starter post, then go to the OUTPUT side if the solenoid.

(As your solenoid is apparently internal shorted, you should remove the wire ruining from the batter to the solenoid during this test).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, regardless of ANYTHING else, the following tests tells you some important things.

First, pull the plugs. grab the shaft and turn it over by hand, can you do so?

second, if you just the solenoid and NOTHING happens, you have a bad battery, cable(s), connections and or starter.

You MUST start with something that is a KNOWN good, as I mentioned above. Either take the battery to a shop and let them load test it and or, take jumper cables and run the ground to the block and the hot to the starter post, this will crank the engine is the starter is good.

We can't continue to guess on things. We have to have a known good or know bad to figure things out.

Don't put a car on your seadoo. It can't handle the CCA charge the battery outside your seadoo once you have at least 11volts your good to start. That guy telling you to do the car thing is an ASSHOLE

Don't put a car on your seadoo. It can't handle the CCA charge the battery outside your seadoo once you have at least 11volts your good to start. That guy telling you to do the car thing is an ASSHOLE
[MENTION=50354]Derek1[/MENTION]. [MENTION=2]hfgreg[/MENTION], just pinging you so you are informed.

Go back and READ my post... I NEVE said to jump start his ski via a car. I said to run jumper cables to the BLOCK and the OUTPUT side of the solenoid if he can not get to the positive post. Doing so as I described provide ZERO volts to the ski.

I do NOT appreciate being called an ASSHOLE. I am perfectly fine if you question any of my suggestions, but do so in a mature manner. As I would and will do for you until you prove you deserve differently.

Are we on the same page?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I have power to both sides of the cylnoid. This isn't right correct

Correct, you should not have power on both sides at all times. If you do, that means your solenoid is "welded closed" and is completing the circuit.

This means most likely means have a bad starter or it would be cranking. But still, I recommend getting the battery load tested.

So you at least need a solenoid, but that is NOT the issue with it not cranking. So again, if we can PROVE the battery is good under a "load test," it would be helpful so we can move forward with fixing the issue.

You are so wrong. It doesn't matter if the battery has 2000 CCA, the load will only draw the amps that are needed. It's never OK to jump from a car if the car is running. I've been using this to boost customer PWC batteries for over 23 years with no issues. http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-eliminator-powerbox-2000-0112028p.html#srp

Chester

Ok has the battery tested and it's good. I also have a 97 SPX that will not can either battery is also good . Want start by cylnoid. Getting power but it's blowing the 7.5 fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back