Need Help fixing loose mirror on 2005 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

boatrboy

One of my mirrors looks like its about to fall out (left side). I read the manual and there is really nothing about tightening up this. The manual recommends removing the entire hood assembly, then removing hood from shell for mirror replacement.

If I just want access to the bolts to remove the mirror assembly and fix the the loose parts (whatever is broken or loose), do I really need to remove the whole thing or can I remove the hood off the shell while its still attached to the ski? What screws will need to be removed. I tried loosening the two 10 mm bolts in the middle and one scares me that it will snap if I continue.

Anyone have experiencing with this?

I read somewhere that a guy just put silicone around the mirror to hold it in place - but that is my last resort. On the other hand I don't want to break something and waste a few weeks waiting for parts that may not even be available.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Shop manual shows it's fairly simple.
Pages 270-271
Thanks - I saw this but as I mentioned is it really required to remove the entire assembly or when you remove the cover bolts can you get your hand in there to remove the mirror mounting bolts to access the backside of the mirror adjusting mechanism.

Shop manual shows it's fairly simple.
Pages 270-271
As luck would have it I decided to try to remove hood per manual and step one removes a long bolt - and mine is broken
9523F013-3D24-459A-A0C3-60C7962AF7A3.jpeg

the head of the bolt broke -so this is now a winter project. I decided to just silicone the mirror in place for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back