Replace mirror housing on 2009 GTI SE-155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBoat

Thanks for letting me join this great Forum! I am looking for some info on how to replace a mirror housing on 2009 GTI SE-155. I tried removing the gage cluster but cant see the bolts holding the frame on due to all the foam in that area. (I am assuming there are bolts somewhere in there holding it on?) do i somehow need to remove that whole front cowling? if so how is that done? Sorry about all the newbie questions just dont want to tear the whole thing apart just to find out there was an easier way!

I recall changing my cluster or something in the cowl and saw the bolts holding the mirrors on. My ski is a 2007 GTI SE 155. But I found a repair manual for free online somewhere. I pulled up quickly and sharply on the sun visor cover over the cluster - I was nervous to do that, but it does snap in and snap off. It worked perfectly, and didn’t break. With the sun visor cover removed, I could see the back of my cluster and the bolts that hold on each mirror from inside the cowl. Hope that helps… and see if you can find a shop manual online - it should give you good direction too.

There are plastic clips detailed in the service manual.

I am getting a service manual on order, but where are are these clips you are refering to? I have looked at the parts breakdown and do not see them?

Last edited:
I recall changing my cluster or something in the cowl and saw the bolts holding the mirrors on. My ski is a 2007 GTI SE 155. But I found a repair manual for free online somewhere. I pulled up quickly and sharply on the sun visor cover over the cluster - I was nervous to do that, but it does snap in and snap off. It worked perfectly, and didn’t break. With the sun visor cover removed, I could see the back of my cluster and the bolts that hold on each mirror from inside the cowl. Hope that helps… and see if you can find a shop manual online - it should give you good direction too.
Thank you! You were spot on! I removed the sun visor cover and had easy access to the bolts. Now onward to change the battery, oil, oil filter and spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back