need advice on a carb rebuild parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

justinb4023

I have two skies a xp which runs good but has a bog/loading up type issue (reminded me of previously when i would tow a big skier at first when you hit the gas you get a loud bah bah bah bah sound from the motor exhaust). the bog just started one day i took the ski out hit the gas and bogs really bad at first but once you get a little speed its not so bad but if you hit a good wave or try to dig into a corner or out of a hole (put pressure on the ski) you get the nasty bog that takes forever to get back to speed.

my other ski a spx doesnt run, starts ruff, throttle makes a low bog noise no rpm raise

okay so i did a full gas line replacement on both my boats (old gray fuel lines) cleaned fuel baffles, fuel selector, fuel filters, pulled carbs and also cleaned fuel filters, needles, and seats (found caked needles on spx, I also found that the diaphragms were really stiff compared to the ones on the xp which were super flimsy). I take them out to the lake (xp no change still bogs) spx good acceleration blows xp out of water, both run good at high speed neck and neck for about 30-45 minutes. Then the spx just dies and then doesnt seem to want to start but turns over fine, once i got to the garage she started but sounds a little ruff and no throttle response low bog noise and no rpm raise, pulled plugs are flooded super wet also air filter wet with gas.

on both skies i am going to rebuild with new instead of just clean like i did last time and go through and check adjustment scews which i didnt do last time either.

should i just buy new diaphragms and new needles and seats, also maybe a pump for the xp and its loading up/bog issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back