NC Piedmont

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

stfoulks

I live in Harrisburg, near Lowes Motor Speedway, and just got a boat. We've been trying out different lakes in the area, Norman, Wylie, and Tillery, mostly going to Tillery.

Going to try out Badin this weekend, but was wondering if anyone on the board has GPS coordinates or good directions for the sand bars I've heard about on Tillery and Badin? I thought I'd heard that the Tillery one at the Morrow Mtn end of the lake, and I'll be totally new to Badin - anyone have any tips?

The only misgiving I have about Tillery is that we've yet to find a decent marina where you could get a sandwich or something if you aren't fortunate enough to have a place on the lake. Other than that, we love it out there.

Any other tips? Anyone been to Wateree or Mountain Island? I've heard that High Rock is kind of muddy - is it that way everywhere or just by the bridge (I85)?

We're mostly looking for family fun, tubing, wakeboarding, and cruisin'....

mountain island is my hangout. only one boat access and lake isnt very big, but it has a little of everything. plenty of coves, plenty of areas to tube\wakebaord, cruise, there is a sandbar that usually pulls 20-30 boats on the weekend, much smaller when compared to wylie or norman. not too many big boats, biggest you'll see is 24' bowrider, and thats usually just one, rest around 20' or less. family oriented lake. water is warm until you pass the sandbar and head into the 'river mouth' area between the lake and the damn on lake norman, there is usually no one up this way in case you want to be alone.

I'm over in Davidson. Just got a Ski last weekend. I have only been on Badin but I really liked it. Driving around Lake Norman it looks like it would just be to crowded for my taste.

I live in huntersville/concord. Me and 2 friends have a total of like 9 skis. I have a 2 up trailer my one buddy has a 4 up trailer and my other has a 2 up trailer. We normally go to badin on sundays. But saturday it's a toss up between Norman, Highrock, Moutain Island or Badin. I enjoy norman for jumpin wakes. Some big boats that give of some huge wakes...

I live in huntersville/concord. Me and 2 friends have a total of like 9 skis. I have a 2 up trailer my one buddy has a 4 up trailer and my other has a 2 up trailer. We normally go to badin on sundays. But saturday it's a toss up between Norman, Highrock, Moutain Island or Badin. I enjoy norman for jumpin wakes. Some big boats that give of some huge wakes...

How is Badin on Sunday's.. I was there on a Saturday and it was pretty calm. Nothing like Norman that place looks like it's a mad house some weekends....

Badin is a little calmer and less traffic on sunday as it is on saturday. We go over by the and rock wall just hang out on the boat and ride the skis to the main channel around the campground and by the sand bar... At norman we put in over at Blythe landing and ride to the Lake norman motel and sometimes all the way to Queens Landing... The tie up/sand bar at norman is crazy tho...

I don't know that norman is somewhere I will spend a ton of time at with the Family. Might would go out there for a ride on my own. Blythe landing is that the one off 73? I'm hoping I can get my ski in running shape before the end of the summer.

Yea most of the time on saturdays is the boys days and we just go where ever... Sundays is when the women and kids join us and we go to badin and just relax....

Yea most of the time on saturdays is the boys days and we just go where ever... Sundays is when the women and kids join us and we go to badin and just relax....

That's cool... I will have to catch up with you guys at some point in the future when I get mine running. Where do you put in at badin. My family and another family rented a pontoon boat at Fish Tales Marina and picked up his ski at a family members house on the lake so right now that's the only place I know of out there. I think it's $3 to put in there.

Theres two places we put in at. Over at the Alcoa Plant is the one we go too all the time and it's free... And sometimes at Old Whitley but that place isn't that good... We ride to fish tales marina for gas quite often...

Back