My first PWC :)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
You picked up a good one...

No Super Charger (SC) to worry about. As it is at 58 hrs you have 300 or more hours before you will need engine service. Even more if you change the oil out at the end of every season and keep the salt off the ski. I own the exact ski, 2010 as well. It is a very comfortable ski. If I could put the seat onto my 09 RXT-X I'd do it in a heart beat.

If you are in salt water you will want to do a complete wash down with fresh water to get the salt of EVERYWHERE. Engine needs cleaned as well. There is a specific spray for the engine but I don't recall what it is off hand. Since the engine is a "Closed Loop" system you don't technically need to flush the engine as the salt water will never touch the engine components. You will need to flush out the exhaust though as the salt water runs through there to cool it and cool the heat exchanger which cools the closed-loop system.

You picked up a good one...

No Super Charger (SC) to worry about. As it is at 58 hrs you have 300 or more hours before you will need engine service. Even more if you change the oil out at the end of every season and keep the salt off the ski. I own the exact ski, 2010 as well. It is a very comfortable ski. If I could put the seat onto my 09 RXT-X I'd do it in a heart beat.

If you are in salt water you will want to do a complete wash down with fresh water to get the salt of EVERYWHERE. Engine needs cleaned as well. There is a specific spray for the engine but I don't recall what it is off hand. Since the engine is a "Closed Loop" system you don't technically need to flush the engine as the salt water will never touch the engine components. You will need to flush out the exhaust though as the salt water runs through there to cool it and cool the heat exchanger which cools the closed-loop system.

ok i get that i need to wash it, do u mean inside the engine too ? , when i open up the seat i can see the engine , can i use my pressure washer in there , or just hose it down ?
also , after i wash it, i was told that i need to WD40 in all kind of places, is that just talk ? or a must ?, if so, where exactly ?

ok i get that i need to wash it, do u mean inside the engine too ? , when i open up the seat i can see the engine , can i use my pressure washer in there , or just hose it down ?
also , after i wash it, i was told that i need to WD40 in all kind of places, is that just talk ? or a must ?, if so, where exactly ?

Someone will jump in and tell us what the spray is they use for the OUTSIDE of the engine and other metal components. The WD-40 is to dissipate water and keep the metal from rusting and corroding.

For the most part, everything under the seat can get washed down. However, lots of the wires will retain water at the plugs and various boxes. This will promote corrosion and result in poor connection issues. On the rare occasions I do a major clean up inside my hull I leave it on the sun all opened up to help let the water evaporate. If I can't do that, I place a fan over the seat opening and get moving air inside the hull, (this works well).

Someone will jump in and tell us what the spray is they use for the OUTSIDE of the engine and other metal components. The WD-40 is to dissipate water and keep the metal from rusting and corroding.

For the most part, everything under the seat can get washed down. However, lots of the wires will retain water at the plugs and various boxes. This will promote corrosion and result in poor connection issues. On the rare occasions I do a major clean up inside my hull I leave it on the sun all opened up to help let the water evaporate. If I can't do that, I place a fan over the seat opening and get moving air inside the hull, (this works well).

i see
ok il wait for someone to tell me what i need to spray exactly and where
another thing, my start button looks bad, kind ripped in the center, can i replace just the rubber button ?

i see
ok il wait for someone to tell me what i need to spray exactly and where
another thing, my start button looks bad, kind ripped in the center, can i replace just the rubber button ?

Cheap fix - you can get a replacement online or from dealer, housing snaps off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheap fix - you can get a replacement online or from dealer, housing snaps off.

i will check with the dealer but im sure it wont be cheap, nothing is at his store
where i can find it online ? i need something with international shipping

Wasn't sure how much shipping would be that does seem like a lot. The eBay one doesn't look like what I purchased at all (but I have 2011 GTI and 2013 Wake- I believe they are the same for your GTX). It might fit but I'd confirm with the seller.

ended up buying it at the dealer, cost 25$ for a tiny piece of rubber :/
at least theres a huge different now, i have to push it hard to start, now easy and comfortable :)

[MENTION=69997]AzurA[/MENTION]A the spray they are mentioning is inox you spray it over the outside of the engine basically to disperse the water and salt from it. I usually spray mine down everytime before and after each ride esp if you're riding in salt water. Course you can also use the WD-40 as Coastiejoe mentioned as well.
Be sure to give the ski a good flushing though at the end of the day, you'll find a hose connection by the jet at the back end of the ski. connect a hose to it and start the ski to run some fresh water through it for a couple minutes. Once you've flushed it out with the fresh water and disconnected the hose start your ski again and give a couple good revs to get the excess water out of the exhaust and such.
Have fun and be safe.

Just remember to start the seadoo FIRST, then turn on the water. When finished stop the water FIRST then turnoff the seadoo.

I spray mine with 6-56.. I spray over engine and the bucket area in the rear. Each time. I want to get "salt away" as well but havent yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back