RESTO My 96 speedster restoration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your build is looking fantastic! I'm in the middle of a resto on a 97 speedster with alot of the same issues as yours. Your graphics/wrap look phenomenal, and it is kind of what I have been thinking about for mine, seeing yours sealed the deal for me... Now to figure out how much it is gonna cost me LOL...

Thanks!! It's amazing what a new coat of paint/graphics can do to the look. I plan on wrapping the back hatch in yellow soon as well. I've got about 1000 in mine so far not counting the new upholstery and new sound system. BOAT... Bust Out Another Thousand. Lol. Let me know what you decide to do with yours. I'd like to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning on wrapping the hatch yellow too... My colors are a bit different than yours, I want to add some purple into the mix and plan on the accent graphics in purple white and yellow... I also am in the process of reupholstering and about 1/3 through, I went with white and yellow to replace the gray and yellow.

That should look good. Here's what my seats will look like plus I'm adding the black on dark grey hydro turf.
199.jpg
200.jpg

I'm very happy so far with the audio components. Can't speak highly enough of the kicker speakers. I was a little worried about mounting it free air just because I have never done it. Trust me there is nothing to worry about. I haven't even started tuning things and it has already surpassed my expectations.
212.jpg

213.jpg

Looks awesome! I've been working on the upholstery, and let me say what a PITA... especially the bottom bench seat...

Thanks. Got the hydro turf in today. Too dang cold to install it all now though. Plus my son needs to finish the stereo install. I did put some on the swim deck. Good luck on the seats. I may need some pointers. Post up when you get through.
233.jpg

Heres a pic of the completed back bench bottom, all that stretching was a bit of a bear... Apparently mine has been recovered before, and some jacktard installed carbon steel t-nuts and studs in the inserts to attach them to the base, I chose to install darts since the holes were now too large to install new rivets. I may still bore bigger holes and add a few rivets to make them pull down better. 12540863_1149340471751002_6700921211906389551_n.jpg

Quick clip from a few days ago. Only running the sub and 1 6.5" coaxial. I would say its running at about 50% max volume. One of the 6.5's was bad so I had to send it back. Going to sound great when I get everything finished.

https://youtu.be/cTcyrbfiidI

Last edited by a moderator:
Wired up. Just need to mount the amp and put a big ol' battery in it... This amp is thirsty... [emoji12]
240.jpg

241.jpg

242.jpg

243.jpg

Thats where I got mine from, the only thing I wish was that he left a bit more material to allow for streching, oversized the pieces if you will, that would have made life easier on several pieces.

Thanks!! Since there is so much yellow I've changed my mind on the seat colors. Thinking of going dark, medium and light grey.
18.jpg

I think that will look good, help tone down everything. I wish we were closer, Id have you do the vinyl on mine! Although, I may have to make a trip to Columbia, my Mom and sister live there. :p

Before you order your seats, have a look at www.seadooupholstery.com I have just done mine and the guy who makes them does a great 4 way stretch kit at a very good price and he couldn't be more helpful

Also take a look at hid online fitting videos they are a big help

20151230_161047-1.jpg

You did a bang up job on this boat, it really looks great. I'm just finishing a resto on my 97 also, including motors. I'm painting my hull metallic black with upper and inside decks pearl white followed by vinyl decals. Question. Where did you get the small decals you put on the carbon fiber panel for the choke, lights ect.?? Another thing, I like what you did with the carbon fiber, do you know how much you would have to order to have enough? I ask only because its pricey and I don't want a lot of waste/leftovers.

Can you read your trailer mfg tag? I cant read mine anymore and need to know the information thats on it so I can order some repair parts...

You did a bang up job on this boat, it really looks great. I'm just finishing a resto on my 97 also, including motors. I'm painting my hull metallic black with upper and inside decks pearl white followed by vinyl decals. Question. Where did you get the small decals you put on the carbon fiber panel for the choke, lights ect.?? Another thing, I like what you did with the carbon fiber, do you know how much you would have to order to have enough? I ask only because its pricey and I don't want a lot of waste/leftovers.

Thanks!! I cut the decals myself. I got the carbon fiber on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/121174784564

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back