my 2004 speedster with EFI 240 on the way >>>>>

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadooing1

Hi every one
My 2004 speedster (240efi)should arrive in few days ,,,,, I don’t know the surprise there ahead ????
What is the most inspection that recommended before the first run.???? :cool:

Read the Mercury tech manual and change all the oils, filters, & plugs. I'd also load test the battery, make sure it has a good charge, and run it on the hose for awhile. Might not hurt to put a little water in the bilge to test the pump also...

Good luck and have fun!

If you are going to run the engine on the trailer, make sure you connect the hose, turn the water on, then turn the engine on. Once you have the engine running, turn the steering wheel all the way to port and then alll the way to starboard. As long as the engine is at idle the engine speed will be slightly accelerated to increase the jet pump thrust and thus improving the steering control for low speed operation and when approaching/leaving a dock. Also make sure your safety key will shut down the boat when you pull it off.

Eddie

If you are going to run the engine on the trailer, make sure you connect the hose, turn the water on, then turn the engine on. Once you have the engine running, turn the steering wheel all the way to port and then alll the way to starboard. As long as the engine is at idle the engine speed will be slightly accelerated to increase the jet pump thrust and thus improving the steering control for low speed operation and when approaching/leaving a dock. Also make sure your safety key will shut down the boat when you pull it off.

Eddie

thanks for the valuable details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back