Muffler assy 878147A03 Has anyone ever seen what's inside of these mufflers?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

I'm just curious if anyone has ever seen what's inside of these and if anyone has ever experienced a failure of one.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 11
Never opened one. But if it's a standard waterbox... there's just a simple baffle to keep water from rushing back in.

I was having a conversation with a friend about what happened last year when I got water in my engine. There’s a high chance that the Seadoo skis repeatedly FORCED water into the exhaust pipes while we were floating for hours. The kids were loading and unloading by backing up to the back of the boat.
Someone at our table asked if there was a honeycomb inside the muffler/waterbox that could have been damaged by all of that force from the skis. Just thought I’d ask.

FYI - I’ve got a guy coming here to my house on Sunday that’s a retired Merc mechanic. He’s gonna take a look at it and see if the reed job is something he wants to do. He’s not seen the engine compartment of an Islandia before. If he doesn’t want to take the job on the David will do it when we get back from our vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back