Looking at Seadoo Explorer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

burtshaver2021

Premium Member
Premium Member
F918F3EC-6074-4C77-959D-15B5B07B5BBA.png70AF1A39-766F-47BB-9F6C-26801C8E700E.pngD3D8DE08-8F8B-4B25-A8EE-3B0E48F565A1.pngSeen this seadoo explorer for sale online, just looking to see what you guys have to about them,The ad says the floats would need to be patched, anyone ever have one of these? I’m wondering if the floats ( not sure what they are called ) can in fact be patched? To me it looks like a tube that goes around the perimeter of the vessel that is filled with air. The boats pretty roasted but the price is right. I’m really excited to have something I can take the family out on so I’m hoping the seller accepts my offer.Love to hear from anyone about these crafts.

I dont know much about them, but the inflatable tube would worry me. From what I have read they can be patched. But at some point the material will probably degrade to the point where repairs will no longer viable. Just thinking out loud.

On the flip side I saw one being advertised for sale last year with no tube and the seller said it worked well without it. Which I guess is reassuring in case you pop a tube when you are far from the dock.

Lol, yes that is reassuring to know. I’m really on the fence about it, i haven’t seen it but I’m sure it’s in really rough shape. The seller says the original owner passed away and that it ran when last parked 6 or 7 years ago, also mentioned something about a rubber casing that goes over the driveshaft being wrapped around the driveshaft now. But yeah, the tube is one of my biggest concerns because I’m not sure if I would ever be able to get another one. The price is ridiculously low but I could possibly need to put more into it than it’s worth. I will have to mull it over a little more.

I wonder what that rubber thing he is talking about. It should be no different than any other ski. I don't see any different parts used on the parts list for the Explorer. Might be some aftermarket part or the previous owner did something to it. Weird, if you do buy it or see it please let us know what that thing is.

Yeah, I really don't think replacement tubes would be possible. I guess if the price is reasonable enough and you only get one or two years out of it, then it might still be worth it. If the tubes ever fail you can probably part it out and make your money back.

I just recently bought one of those lithium powered air pumps for my car. Just keep one of those handy when you are out so you can fill it up as needed. Although I have no idea what kind of attachment is required to fill up one of those tubes.

I have an explorer. When I bought it the tubes leaked. for small leaks there are products that can be used inside and outside the tube. I used both. In both cases I had to remove the tube. For the inside you will need to pour the sealant in and roll the tube around to get a good coating. The outside can be painted on with a brush or roller. I used a brush, but I would use a roller next time.

I have an explorer. When I bought it the tubes leaked. for small leaks there are products that can be used inside and outside the tube. I used both. In both cases I had to remove the tube. For the inside you will need to pour the sealant in and roll the tube around to get a good coating. The outside can be painted on with a brush or roller. I used a brush, but I would use a roller next time.
I’m not sure if I’m going to go look at it or not. If I did, how does the air go into the tubes? I’m thinking if I were to put some air in them it would give me an idea as to how bad of shape the tubes are in. Is the material to patch the tubes expensive?

I’m not sure if I’m going to go look at it or not. If I did, how does the air go into the tubes? I’m thinking if I were to put some air in them it would give me an idea as to how bad of shape the tubes are in. Is the material to patch the tubes expensive?
Mine came with a foot pump that attaches to the valve on 3 separate chambers. If you don't have the pump, you might be able to use a leaf blower or shop vac. You probable won't get enough pressure to look for small leaks with a leaf blower. The products that I used were not cheap. the out side paint/sealant came with the boat, but I think it was about $250.. The inside sealant was not as expensive. Here is a site that has the tube seal and the pump and many other products for infallible boats.

ToobSeal Interior Repair Sealer for Inflatable Boats and Rafts - Inflatable Boat Parts

Mine came with a foot pump that attaches to the valve on 3 separate chambers. If you don't have the pump, you might be able to use a leaf blower or shop vac. You probable won't get enough pressure to look for small leaks with a leaf blower. The products that I used were not cheap. the out side paint/sealant came with the boat, but I think it was about $250.. The inside sealant was not as expensive. Here is a site that has the tube seal and the pump and many other products for infallible boats.

ToobSeal Interior Repair Sealer for Inflatable Boats and Rafts - Inflatable Boat Parts
Thanks for that

Back