MPEM PROGRAMMER FOR SALE OR RENT

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
First post here. I’ve been behind the scenes studying these threads, it has become pure religion to me at this point. Ive done a successful 99 GSX Ltd (Rocket Man) rebuild with a successful break in! (Was scared back to Fallujah, Iraq ‘06 the first time in the water after rebuild).

My second ski being a 99 GTX rfi (Goldie). Full rebuild and very pleased with this rebuild as well. Both ski motors had never been pulled apart or even out of the hulls. I was very lucky to receive them in such decent condition. I rode them for 2 summers previous to the rebuilds.

I have followed shop manuals to the ‘T’ and have used this site as reference for all that will go wrong. The last step I need is too reset my TPS in my GTX using a programmer. I’ve adjusted the idle screw manually in water to achieve a good idle which it has. But to my understanding the ECU uses the TPS to supply the correct amount of fuel delivery. The GTX idles well and I have had zero problems, yet I don’t want to cause problems for myself either. I just need this last step to be 110% confident in this GTX.

Does anyone rent programmers? Am I SOL (S**t Outta Luck) and have to purchase one? Is there anyone in Vegas who could possibly help?

My local “yee-haw” (Yamaha) stealership doesn’t work on 2 stroke motors, as the same goes for my local Seadoo stealership.

Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Is this TPS reset the result of installing a new or different TPS? I don't think there is a reason to reset the TPS otherwise unless you are having issues. The TPS reset is done with the idle backed all the way off and the butterfly completely closed. It won't matter where you idle the ski after that the computer knows the position.

Is this TPS reset the result of installing a new or different TPS? I don't think there is a reason to reset the TPS otherwise unless you are having issues. The TPS reset is done with the idle backed all the way off and the butterfly completely closed. It won't matter where you idle the ski after that the computer knows the position.

No it’s not a new or different TPS. Not a reset, I should have said adjusting. When I purchased the ski 2 years ago It idled in water at 900-1100 rpms. I turned the idle screw in myself and it ran fine so I left it. During my shop manual studies and After the rebuild I just wanted to ensure the ECU was reading and opening the TPS within the 6-7 degree as per the programmer. Should I leave it alone, shut up an ride or program the TPS to the ECU then turn the idle screw for real time adjustment.

If you haven’t removed the TPS on throttle body or separated the two throttle body's and it wasn’t out before you adjusted you should be good to go

As a double check you could monitor your spark plugs for a lean condition

If you haven’t removed the TPS on throttle body or separated the two throttle body's and it wasn’t out before you adjusted you should be good to go

As a double check you could monitor your spark plugs for a lean condition

OK, heading out to Lake Mead in about an hour, will post my results. Thanks to all for replying.

“I have followed shop manuals to the ‘T’ and have used this site as reference for all that will go wrong. The last step I need is too reset my TPS in my GTX using a programmer. I’ve adjusted the idle screw manually in water to achieve a good idle which it has. But to my understanding the ECU uses the TPS to supply the correct amount of fuel delivery. The GTX idles well and I have had zero problems, yet I don’t want to cause problems for myself either. I just need this last step to be 110% confident in this GTX.” In #1 post

GTX RFI ‍♂️

I would of thought a DI is Equal to a RFI as the oil is injected in the same way ‍♂️

I understand banning Pre Mix engines where you can alter the amount of oil in the fuel mixture

Exactly, it's not DI, its RFI, which aren't allowed.

Two-Stroke PWC Engine Regulations - Lake Mead National Recreation Area (U.S. National Park Service)

Dilemma with 2-stroke ban

Now maybe he just doesn't know, or assumes they're allowed, or doesn't care, and assumes he won't get caught but that's another story.

I go there to TEST my skis NOT ride them recreational. I’ve been stopped on my RFI ski an was let go with ZERO issues. I DO in fact know the rules an have been there many of times with ZERO issues. Again I go to TEST my watercraft(s) so I may know what’s going on and can fix them Accordingly. I don’t go with intentions to make a day if it. When I’m ready to ride heavy, yes I go to Willow, Havasu, Laughlin, Big Bend, etc.

Thanks for contributing to the success of my initial question though.

UPDATE: The RFI ran great with just 1/4 turn adjusting the idle perfect at 1400 rpms in water. Thanks for all who helped you guys are great.

I DO in fact know the rules an have been there many of times with ZERO issues.

Dang, someone got sensitive about that. I mean, you may know the rules but you apparently don't follow them. I didn't know the rules prohibited those skis unless you're just testing them and then it's OK! :)

How are you going to Mead? I thought only Direct Injected 2-strokes were allowed?[/
Dang, someone got sensitive about that. I mean, you may know the rules but you apparently don't follow them. I didn't know the rules prohibited those skis unless you're just testing them and then it's OK! :)

sad that people who are veterans in this sport act like such dickheads online, but in person your sweet like candy. I’m literally 362 days out of the Army an just trying to relax live my life an find away to be a normal person again. Thanks for letting me know civil

Hey man, I’m literally 361 days out of the Army of more than a decade. You never KNOW what a person is thinking within themselves. Why not help with my question. Instead you turn it into a mockery of some sort. PTSD is real buddy, just some food for thought. Come visit me at the VA every Monday an find out for yourself. Again thanks for all who contributed, and believe me you I will NEVER ask a question here again. Welcome people to the sport, don’t make them feel like crap about themselves!

sad that people who are veterans in this sport act like such dickheads online, but in person your sweet like candy. I’m literally 362 days out of the Army an just trying to relax live my life an find away to be a normal person again. Thanks for letting me know civil

Hey man, I’m literally 361 days out of the Army of more than a decade. You never KNOW what a person is thinking within themselves. Why not help with my question. Instead you turn it into a mockery of some sort. PTSD is real buddy, just some food for thought. Come visit me at the VA every Monday an find out for yourself. Again thanks for all who contributed, and believe me you I will NEVER ask a question here again. Welcome people to the sport, don’t make them feel like crap about themselves!

Take a deep breath, we are glad to have you here and don't want you to leave the forum.

I was only asking because it is been such a sore subject here in the west that makes no good sense to ban the 2-strokes. You hear the stories of the jerk rangers not letting people in so I was just asking. I think @statikuz was just asking also since he is from Nevada. The ban was a huge bunch of PR crap based on bad science and a lot of us are still pissed about it. I don't think he meant it to be personal to you.

BTW: I love Big Bend and go every summer but the fire kept us out this year.

Hey man, I’m literally 361 days out of the Army of more than a decade. You never KNOW what a person is thinking within themselves. Why not help with my question. Instead you turn it into a mockery of some sort. PTSD is real buddy, just some food for thought. Come visit me at the VA every Monday an find out for yourself.

All of which has nothing to do with anything.

Anyway, you just got super cranky all of a sudden when someone pointed out that you were doing a thing that you shouldn't be doing, and now you're turning it into fishing for sympathy of some sort. :rolleyes:

Your background is completely irrelevant, the rules are the rules, and it seems like you're choosing not to follow them based on some sort of entitlement that you feel. I mean, whatever, nobody follows all the rules all the time but don't try to turn your choices around on others.

All of which has nothing to do with anything.

Anyway, you just got super cranky all of a sudden when someone pointed out that you were doing a thing that you shouldn't be doing, and now you're turning it into fishing for sympathy of some sort. :rolleyes:

Your background is completely irrelevant, the rules are the rules, and it seems like you're choosing not to follow them based on some sort of entitlement that you feel. I mean, whatever, nobody follows all the rules all the time but don't try to turn your choices around on others.

Typical civilian candor.‍♂️ Sympathy and entitlement NEGATIVE champ, for I’ve definitely worked honest and hard for anything I have and do. I only fish for trout and LMB so keep the side jabs to yourself, or just come to Summerlin, your choice Your assumptions are ALL wrong just as your demeanor and ideologies towards a life.

My background, brother you would piss your wife’s panties at the things I’ve seen. And we’ll end that convo there.

You want to rant and harp on someone, then harp on the Ranger who sold me my annual passes

And if you want to link up and splash around, hit me up, im in early retirement with nothing but time and money

Please continue to be great in life buddy, God Speed to you!

My background, brother you would piss your wife’s panties at the things I’ve seen.

Just a word of advice, be humble, you're not the only Army veteran on this forum... We're here to help you get your ski right, there's really no need to play up your background to get respect or put someone in their place.
It's irrelevant, unproductive and unnecessary...

Now...here's a secret, if you have a military ID, (active or retired) when you need parts from places like SBT, you can get a 10% discount. And it's the only way to get a discount from them. I'm telling you this now, because not knowing, I found out a year later after having purchased hundreds of dollars worth of parts previously.

Last edited:
Just a word of advice, be humble, you're not the only Army veteran on this forum... We're here to help you get your ski right, there's really no need to play up your background to get respect or put someone in their place.
It's irrelevant, unproductive and unnecessary...

Now...here's a secret, if you have a military ID, (active or retired) when you need parts from places like SBT, you can get a 10% discount. And it's the only way to get a discount from them. I'm telling you this now, because not knowing, I found out a year later after having purchased hundreds of dollars worth of parts previously.

I appreciate your genuine post, and thank you for reminding me of valuable info. I ask to use my veteran discount EVERYWERE, but thanks non the less.

I think the underlined was never addressed. Why couldn’t the guy just help answer my initial question about my RFI ski. LOL

And if he couldn’t then why speak with ill intentions, but morals are another story and I can only control myself.

I don’t need non credit for anything, just came for answer to my questions about 2 stroke seadoos and and watercraft related issues.

Been humbled by the universe many a days.

Again, I didn’t sell myself the annual passes. I simple purchased them like anybody else has done, and will do.

It takes a certain humility and humbleness about an individual to ask for help from a group of strangers. That’s why I posted in the first place LMAO

Last edited:
I have the Candoo Programmer and have a hate relationship with it but have used it successfully to reset the TPS on two RFI skis. :) As I often mention, I do the fuel system and injectors on every ski. The injector repair guy tells me a bad spray pattern can damage an engine as badly as running lean. Being an old two stroke rider, I look at the spark plugs constantly and listen to the engine.. If the ski idles good, accelerates through the transitions and has a good top speed it doesn't get any better than that. Nice brown plugs and good performance you're home. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back