RESTO Mpem delete

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hivoltage98

Premium Member
Premium Member
So I had to fix 2 broken rave valves last weekend on my starboard engine and clean the port engine rave valves. I had used the sea halt aluminum rave valve pistons on the port engine and they were in perfect condition. The other engine the caps had melted so I upgraded them to the new aluminum caps.
While I was in the engine compartment I had a few other things I wanted to do so I figured I might as well get to them now since I’m out of commission waiting on parts.
I wanted to add the oem seadoo fuel filters to the engines, and replace the float in the fuel level baffle.
I also wanted to change the oil filters since they’ve never been changed on my watch.

I washed the engine compartment with the hose and used castrol superclean to get it to shine.
After I replaced the rave valves I went to test the engines and the mpem went crazy. I could start the starboard engine but the port wouldn’t start. Maybe a starter click, maybe a half a crank on the starter, maybe nothing. So I tried to start the port engine, nothing. Hmmmm. So I remove the dess key, get 2 beeps, try and start the port engine, a click and then nothing. Try the starboard engine, nothing. Every time I’d push the start button I’d hear a chirp from the beeper. So I went to troubleshoot, neutral safety switch works, nothing obvious, starter solenoid is fine on the port, checked the dess, seems fine, fuel level comes on when I put the dess on, never had a problem with it.
When I washed the engine compartment I didn’t hit the mpem with water, I would never take that chance. But this mpem has had me angry at the boat. When I bought the boat the mpem was dead on the port engine so I rewired it to a MSD enhancer which is working perfect Before the starter circuit in the mpem took a crap.
I contacted westside water sports about replacing the mpem but when I look at the schematic for the boat my electrician brain says rip that piece of crap out and run this boat old school. But I think my wallet will decide soon if an mpem will cost me an arm and a leg to replace.
Any thoughts appreciated

527701d75d9b020d81f92c542fdbca74.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back