Most Difficult Thing You've Experienced This Year

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Ifonecapa

Hi there. I was just thinking about the changes we had to deal with ever since the pandemic happened. What was the most challenging part of it and how did it change your life? Were you able to cope? How?

Hi there. I was just thinking about the changes we had to deal with ever since the pandemic happened. What was the most challenging part of it and how did it change your life? Were you able to cope? How?

All the changes are difficult especially when you are used to the outside world. The adjustments in school and in the office are also a challenge. Now, we always have to think about dodging the virus everywhere we go.

Such a depressive moment for all of us. It's like everything is scrambled. I was considering going to counseling to address the fatigue I have been experiencing lately. Have you had experience with therapy?

Been debating answering this one.

It's been a tough winter.

Seperated from my Wife after 24 years, never ever argued, we love each other but have been drifting apart for years. Voluntarily moved out of our house in mid October and am not sure what is going to happen in the future. Not divorced but don't know how or when the situation will end.

While living out of the house, in a one room cabin, by myself I caught a "nasty" case of Covid. Was flat on my back, sweating, aches, confusion, fatigue but luckily it didn't get into the lungs. Down for 10 days in bed, recovering took a couple of weeks but am thankful to be as good off as I am today. Tough to get through by yourself, just getting food together was difficult.

In November a co-worker and friend, who was going through the depression and anxiety I have fought all my life, I was trying to help through things killed himself.

Three weeks ago two of my friends I worked with at the Sea-Doo shop went to do a welfare check on a third friend, also a member of "the crew", who was going through some rough times. They found him dead in the cabin he was renting. No food, no water, no heat in the cabin. Just my friend and 150 empty vodka bottles. The last time I ever saw him last winter was to give him a bottle of vodka I bought him at Christmas. I didn't know how bad off he was.

Was diagnosed with a high level case of ADD eight years ago and 10 weeks ago was able to try a med that actually let me focus. I thought I was doing just fine but got a view of what "normal" is to most people and that hit like a ton of bricks. If I had this med 40 years ago my life would be completely different today. I felt like my life was wasted fighting my own mind. A big "bummer" to realize at 50......

How to deal with it?

Separation - Keep up hope.

Suicides - That makes 5 friends gone, just keep going and remember the good times we had.

Covid - It's done, be thankful it wasn't worse.

ADD - Take the med, have grace for yourself and keep going. Enjoy what it can give you, I'm the only guy in the city that rode his Sea-Doo in January at +3F.

Overall - Take the experiences and learn from them so when the next problem hits you are more prepared to take things head on.

The toughest thing this year is a no brainer. I miss my Wife.

My advice to you. Talk to people, everyone has gone through this thing and are tired of isolating. Go out, live life and laugh when you get the chance. If you think you need some type of counseling then do it and do not feel bad about yourself for doing it, we are all human and hit rough times.

Have Grace for yourself, you are not failing in life.

If you ever get up to Alaska shoot me a PM, I have sleds and DOOs ready to ride.

John

(Photo is from two weeks ago, life does get better and you can smile in the middle of bad times.)

20210416_195234.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, John... Thanks for sharing your story. Sounds like you had it rough. I admire you for being strong. I don't know what I'd do to think you were all alone dealing with all of these. I don't really know what to say, but yeah, life can be tough. When I look back, it's as if it all happened in a blink of an eye and here I am sitting where I am now. Life happened. So what now? Something like that. But yeah, life goes on whether we're ready for it or not.

I hope to see Alaska one day. Keep safe!

I mangled my favorite impeller on my first ride, I was able to bend, polish and sharpen it back to shape. Bummer........

Had another friend check himself out of life two weeks ago. That hurt.

Moved back to an empty house.. That really hurt.

Adopted two cats on Friday. Things are looking up.

Summer is here and it's Sea-Doo season. Time to have fun!!!!

Back