Mode but no set?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rgpbeme

I have been trying to set the clock and other display items on my 1996 GSX

I hit mode and it cycles through the things but when I hit set nothing happens. Today I took the rubber (set) button out to see is something is stuck.
There is nothing under it but the plastic from the back. What goes there and where can I get it? :ack:

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea

I have no idea what would go there. You may try Seadoo's website. There they have a link to their parts page. Maybe you can see the part through their exploded views.

That's actually a sealed unit to my knowledge. I think if it needs anything you have to replace the unit itself.

Yes Dave!

Dave, looking in the manual, I believe it is. That's why I can't figure out the description.

Hi

It is not a touch key pad. It has 2 rubber looking buttons below the gauges. One says mode when you press it it goes through the different functions for the display. tach. clock timer etc. To set the clock etc you have the second button saying set. I tried setting the clock and other things but nothing happens. The button looks like a rubber plug so I took a little point and the button pops out.. It looks like the button should be pushing on a spring or something because the way it is it is just sitting on top of a plastic housing.. The bottom of the button has a raised section in the center that looks like a spring or something would set over it and be held in place. As it is it contacts nothing to allow a set function

Rubber boot

I've looked at this in the manual and their is a rubber boot over the button. But my question, when you push in on the rubber boot, does it contact an electricl keypad type switch? It won't look like a common switch, it should look like a small metallic piece in the middle with an obvious piece that will move about 1/64 of an inch when pushed in. If so, have you tried to push this piece with the rubber off?
FYI, I just came back out of the manual and it is indeed a small electrical circuit switch. The rubber boot is to protect it from the elements. There are no moving parts. Where you think you see an area where a spring might sit, that is probably the center of the circuit button. If you popped the rubber off the set button and the mode button works, take the rubber boot from the mode button and look at it. It should be identical to the set button. If your still in doubt, if you take this switch apart, use the mode button to do what your trying to do. When it's time to hit the set button, jumper the 2 wires together to make it work. That's all the button is doing. Bridging the two wires together. If is works, then you'll know the switch is bad. It's oh, .......about $80 bucks (OEM part)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back