Missouri users

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanpan25

FYI!

Be advised that the state has mandated that all gasoline be of a ethynol blend I have heard 10% to 15%. Marinas do not have to post this so ask before filling up. On the Lake of the Ozarks some are going to carry ethynol free gas, they are allowed by a last minute reprieve. NOT ALL WILL DO SO and filling up on land almost assures you of getting the blend.

Here is the correct ratio of Ethanol mix per the seadoo manual;
Never use fuel containing more than 10 % alcohol,( Methanol or Ethanol) as severe damage will occur. The minimum of 87 octane is recommended for most engines.

Karl

unfortunately, marinas get their gas from same people gas stations do. they sell unblended gas cause the suppliers have some left...that they can't sell to over-the-road stations. the blending is done at the refineries. they are not gonna be bothered to make unblended gas, and store it seperatly for as small a market as us boaters. i had to replace the gas tanks in my hatteras for just this problem. nobody is gonna be seeing unblended for long. btw. it takes almost a gallon of gas to provide the energy to refine a gallon of ethanol. then they subsidize the farmers to grow corn instead of wheat. and no fuel is being saved. we just pay for it twice.

Ethanol Hoax

I'm a Professional Chemical Engineer. Ethanol is the biggest hoax ever foisted on the American people. It only benefits corn farmers. There are no legitimate environmental benefits and it is not nearly as efficient fuel as gasoline.
Jim

I'm a Professional Chemical Engineer. Ethanol is the biggest hoax ever foisted on the American people. It only benefits corn farmers. There are no legitimate environmental benefits and it is not nearly as efficient fuel as gasoline.
Jim

YEA its bull$hizznat I live here in Iowa, now we ah I'm not gna start, its ridiculous, lets just say that

I don't like the dirty MTBE, but I don't like the high prices of food/corn/corn oil/corn syrup/etc either. Better if they just removed the MTBE and left the stuff alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back