Mercury 240 EFI M2 will not start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serial number of my engine is 0E427304, and has the large black engine cover and an alternator.

All was fine. Did my routine checks on ramp and did quick start of engine. Started like normal after about 2 seconds of swinging. Immediately stopped engine. Launched the boat. After about 10min she started again like normal. We travelled at just above idle for about 4min and then accelerated smoothly to just above planing speed. After a while I pushed open the throttle at which stage the boat seemed to bog down but revs went up. I throttled back a bit and everything back to normal.

Stopped to look at dolphins, and it took a couple of crank attempts before it fired up, a bit rough at first but smoothed out. Opened throttle quickly to accelerate, boat bogged down (revs up but seemed to lack power), throttled back and opened up a bit to 55kmh. After a while opened throttle again, but motor died with the warning buzzer screeching 1 solid, non-stop tone. Turned ignition of, turned it on (normal 1 quick beep from buzzer), but when I cranked the engine the warning buzzer screeching 1 solid, non-stop tone the whole time I was cranking the engine but engine would not start. Turned the ign off, turned it on again (normal 1 quick beep from buzzer), but when I cranked the engine the warning buzzer screeching 1 solid, non-stop tone the whole time I was cranking the engine but engine would not start.

When I operated the throttle butterfly by hand and my wife started the boat, it would start and rev up and die down repeatedly but a screaming buzzer. Got a tow back to port. after about 3 hours, tried to start the boat (normal 1 quick beep from buzzer), but when I cranked the engine the warning buzzer screeching 1 solid, non-stop tone and boat has since not started again.

Compression check carried out, and the lowest is about 130psi. Fuel tank has good, fresh 98 unleaded petrol. New in-line fuel filter and water-separating filter fitted. Fuel pressure checked at VS -GOOD, lift pump working good, lots of fuel drains out at VS drain. Plugs are not wet. All coils sparking but with a big/fat yellow and not a small bright blue spark. 2 coils tested bang within limits but 4 coils tested about on average 2000 to 3000 ohms above limits between Pin D (primary Ground) and the other pins. MAP, TPS, CPS all tested good. Temp sensors also good. No smell of excess fuel when cranking motor but that buzzer is working on my nerves.

Please offer any information/assistance that may help.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum. How long have you had your boat? I don't see you mention anywhere about checking the 2-stroke oil. There are alarms for low oil.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. The oil in the main tank is about 3/4 full, and the tank on the engine is full to the brim. I have just installed a brand new set of NGK plugs, but the engine will still not start and the buzzer sounds continuously while cranking. The battery is near new condition, but I borrowed a mate's battery and still no luck. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back