Mercury 240 EFI in a 2003 Utopia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pondcare

Hi all!

Just discovered today the I have a lifter pump that is not working. Not sure if it is the pump or the corroded leads. Gonna do some more testing tomorrow... Does anyone know if the blue connector can be ordered by itself or is there a better connector that can be used in it's place. Part #'s would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Mike

It's a normal "Weatherpack" style plug. You can replace it... or cut it off, and replace it with anything waterproof.

Testing the pump is easy. Just put 12v directly to it... and it should start ticking. If it doesn't... replace it. If it does... then check the relay and fuse right next to it.

Thanks! I checked the fuse and it was fine. I will try a 12v connection tomorrow to see if it starts. One issue I'm having with the engine is that it bogs and stall when opening the throttle. In your opinion, if this pump is dead, would this cause the problem I'm having? I checked the compression and it is 120 in every cylinder (COLD Tested). I picked up this boat as a project and a good deal. Another area I'm gonna focus on is the VST. Any help/direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back