Mercurty Impeller

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

thundercomm

Anyone know where to get an impeller and wear ring for a 2003 Mercury 240 EFI M2? Babbit's doesn't have them in their parts drawings. Niether does See Doo for that matter. SBT looked great, but they don't support Mercury. This for an Islandia by the way?
I would love to know of a few good places to get Mercury parts. :cheers:

Impellor?

I did a google search on your M2 jet drive and found 1 easy hit. Any other searches led me to empty targets, even through Mercury. Though, with the Mercury website, it suggest that you go to your local dealer to replace this part. On line, the impellor will run you about $442 without membership. If you become a member, it's in the $300's and that's through a company called "Stem to Stern".
They had a lot of support for your engine and propulsion unit so it may be a good idea to become a member with them and get lower prices on all your engine needs.
On another note, during my search, they had a forum that I clicked into where people were posting about this new Mercury engine that had a jet drive. Everyone was amazed and talked about Mercury's excursion into the jet drives, with no luck in the 70's then discontinued. One of the posts described the power of the 240 EFI found in the Seadoo's........I smiled.
I hope this has been of some service to you.
Also, I see where you looked into SBT, did you call them? Because, even though it's not listed on their site, you may be able to take yous off and send to them to refurbish. They may not keep a refurbished in there catalogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed SBT and they replied that they didn't support Mercury. I am looking for someplace to refurbish mine. I know it can be done and the wear ring can be refurbished as well. I am just looking for some leads on where.

Wear ring?

I'd agree with you on the impellor. Some one has to refurbish them, but I'd buy a new wearing ring. I don't even think you'd find someone who refurbishes the wearing ring. That would be like running a re-cap on your front tires.
I have noticed in my research, Mercury dabbled in the jet drives back in the 70's, but they didn't go over well. Now, they've teamed up with Seadoo and they seem to be doing well with the Utopia, Islandia and Challenger 2000.
Have you tried your local Seadoo dealer to see if they can give you any leads. I did find the same Crowley web site you found and the other was stem to sterns, but they only sold the new ones. Did you suck up something that damaged the impellor so bad that it needs to be replace? Just curious

Got a rock up there. The impeller isn't too bad. I found a local shop to repair it. The wear ring is pretty grooved up. Unfourtunatley with the M2 you have to replace the housing at 425.00. I was just investigating some cheaper options. I am not the first owner so who knows what else has been in the impeller.

Ouch!

Wow, your right. I just read up on your pump unit and you have to replace the whole kit and kabuddle. Man, I can see that as a design flaw by Mercury. The wear ring on the Bombardier are cheap and easy to replace.
That engine must be really powerful to suck a rock up off the bottom.
I'd probably take it out and find some type of plastic epoxy compound that I could use to fill in the gouges and kinda re-smooth it in. Maybe you'll be able to get a few more years out of that ring before replacing.
Thanks for the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back