High Temp Alarm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

2004 Utopia

I have a 2004 Sea-Doo Utopia 205 jet boat with a Mercury 240 EFI M2 motor and the high temp alarm (steady buzzer) goes off after 3-5 minutes of idling, weather it’s sitting in the water or on the trailer with the hose hooked up. Any ideas what to look for? Someone said maybe the impeller and the wear ring needs replaced?

Last edited:
Are you sure it's the high temp alarm? My boat has a low fuel level warning buzzer that is constant too.

If your running on the hose, then the impeller/wear-ring wouldn't have anything to do with cooling, so I doubt impeller/wear-ring are related. The temperature switch (triggers overheat alarm) is on the starboard head (2 wires). You can unplug it and see if the alarm turns off. If it does not, try unplugging the fuel sender and see if that turns off the buzzer (does on my boat).

Cheers!

Are you sure it's the high temp alarm? My boat has a low fuel level warning buzzer that is constant too.

If your running on the hose, then the impeller/wear-ring wouldn't have anything to do with cooling, so I doubt impeller/wear-ring are related. The temperature switch (triggers overheat alarm) is on the starboard head (2 wires). You can unplug it and see if the alarm turns off. If it does not, try unplugging the fuel sender and see if that turns off the buzzer (does on my boat).

Cheers!
I replaced both temperature sensors and no more alarm. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back