Merc 250 opti

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadoocouple

I picked up a 2003 seadoo with the 250 opti for a winter project and it's been sitting. It starts up and then dies and if you turn the wheel all the way it will stay running but not very well. I think it's a fuel issue so I will start with the fuel in the tank first then clean the mixing vapor tank on the side of the motor and change filters. Does this sound about right? Is there a common issue? Any advice on this motor would be appreciated thanks

The motor is a great motor if given proper maintenance.

Go thru the entire fuel system, empty the fuel tank and put in fresh fuel, change out the plugs if you haven't.

Staying running with wheel turned as the system bumps up rpms far right or left of steering to help with slow moving steering.

Get a service manual if you haven't already

I have changed the fuel and cleaned the vapor canister but it was really clean. Im getting 90 lbs of fuel pressure and 80 air and it still will not stay running. The manual is ordered and on it's way. It could be the iac but I don't know what it looks like or were it is to inspect it

Sorry I didn't see this.. I did change the plugs and its running good but sounds like it has lifter noise but I think its coming from the jet drive I'm sure the guy I got it from never serviced it so I am going to go through it this winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back