Member asks about buying new/used seadoo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazza

Hello All,

I am looking for some advice on purchasing a used or new seadoo jetski. I have recently moved to Sydney Australia and have been looking around for used ones but they seem to be few and far between.I have made some enquires into new jetskis but dont really have the fund to purchase a new one ($20K+) I have $15K to spend on a jetski and have seen the RX(black/Green) on the trading post and they seem be sold before i get to ring them.

Could someone point me in the right direction for purchasing, any help would be of great help.

Many Thanks

Dazza

Welcome to the forum Dazza. Buying new is always the best way to do it since you really don't know what happened to the jetski before you purchased it. Now if you are buying from a friend or relative who can give you a detailed history thats one thing. But the fact is the ski may of been a rental or had multiple problems. Use this thread: http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=134 for some tips on buying a used ski.

Hey Dazza,welcome to the seadoo forum. I have a friend that exports to other countries cars and boats now. I'll look into the the cost of a shipment if your interested. I have no idea how expensive it could be, but getting a new seadoo from the states in a create might not be a bad Idea. I have a Dealers license, and I'm bonded here in Florida and could arrange it. I just need connections to get it shipped, received and maybe a follow up dealer where you are to get it serviced. PM me your location, and I'll look into it for you.
Karl

Welcome!...

Welcome to the forum Dazza!....Have you tried ebay. There are lots of skis there to bid on. I like going to ebay to get an idea of the going prices on the PWC's.....

Found one at last!!

Hi all,

Iv'e finally found one, a 2006 RXP in Black/Green 44hrs on the clock,1 owner from new and only 2 tiny marks on it.:hurray: service history,manuals.

$15k, so right on buget. It's hasn't had the seal's replaced in the supercharger so would it be advisable to have this done straight away or are they good for a few hours before this needs doing??

Is there anything else that I should be aware of before I take it for a blast??

Any help is always appreciated.

Many Thanks Dazza

Supercharger?

I don't think you should worry about the supercharger right away. It may give you a few more hours, or it may give you 100 hours.
The 4-TEC is covered with 14 or more sensors that work with your "engine management system" that takes care of your engine. I would at first sign of trouble through your info center, take it in at that time. But for now, have some fun!............

Sounds like you got a good one. Yes, by all means go have fun, and if it needs something it will give you an indication.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back