melt down exhaust over heating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

robin savell lloyd

I need some one to help me figure out what is going wrong. I just got this seadoo it has a rotax 657x engine r&d exhaust rossier head and carbs. my exhaust is over heating I checked the water lines and fittings they all seem to be clear. I put the boat in the water for the first time today. I ran boat for 5 minutes at all most w.o.t. 40 mph. I checked the spark plugs they do not seem to be running lean. I removed the water lines one at a time while the boat was in the water at idle. the flow of water coming out of all lines was like my water hose on low. are they supose to flow with a fast stream? thank you for any responses. robin

Attachments

• seadoo engine.jpg
    seadoo engine.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 51
Melt Down

Can't tell from the picture the routing of the cooling hoses.
Is just the exhaust getting hot or are both engine and exhaust getting hot?

Dawg

melt down

only exhaust is over heating engine is cool I had someone reply from pwct today his name is jim seems to know this problem well he told me that i was not building enough water preasure in exhaust chamber because the person who installed water line had to much water leaving exhaust chamber. he should have pluged off two holes. and routed hoses differantly hope this works but if you think of something differant please let me know. I am going to try what jim said first. thank robin

Last edited by a moderator:
Melt Down

Sounds to me like his advice is worth trying.
CAUTION: Looks to me ( from the picture) that the fuel line (gray) going to the fuel pump is laying on top of the exhaust pipe. I strongly suggest that you route that hose in such a way that it doesn't come in contact with the exhaust. If it is already showing signs of damage replace it. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Dawg

Call Pipe MFG for correct plumbing!

I agree with Dennis, about the fuel line... I would contact the company that sells the exhaust and see what they say about the routing water lines. If the engine is only at an idle than the water will only be a small stream. The water feed is generated by the impeller pumping...low pump speed = low water pressure. Try what this guy Jim says, it makes sense, but still call the MFG on proper way to do the plumbing.
Karl

Outlet?

I can't really tell on your water flow path because of the view. I would like to see one from the opposite side also.
From what I can see, I'd like to know where the top hose on the exhaust at the expansion spool is going? This, I believe, should be your outlet hose.
And you do need to get that fuel line off the exhaust pipe....

outlet

outlet was not going to last part on exhaut. spool i think it is called i was told to hook it up there and also tee it off so some of that water will go to pisser i am going to call r&d tomorow and ask how water lines are supose to be routed. thanks for all of your help robin

Cool!

That's cool Robin. If you have a pix of the opposite side, we may be able to help you a bit more. But think of it like this. Where the water comes out of the head of the engine, that goes to the lower end of the exhaust. The design is to flow exhaust gases in one direction (which you know which way the exhaust is going), then to flow your tuned cooling water in the other direction. They flow opposite of each other.
Hope you get it...........let us know how you make out!:cheers:

I know boat is filthy, after i get engine running right, then i will pollish every thing. thanks for all your help. if you will give me your number i will be happy to call you about water lines thanks. robin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back