Meet and Greet and engine choking out problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

devroyjj26

Hello, I am new to this forum and thought I would first post about my jet skis one is a '95 spx and a '96 gsx the spx is perfect and works correctly and am quite happy with that one. The Gsx on the other hand is problem after problem just got back from the lake today and the gsx would onlyget to about 4000 rpms then stall out like it was flooded forcing me to let off the throttle and then going back on but stil was never able to get past 4000 rpms. Im wondering if the intake is clogged or something like that and any help is appreciated on that subject. The other problem I'm having is the display reads low fuel and basically says no fuel but it never dies because of no fuel and the tank is completely full so again any help is much appreciated. One thing about me that I should mention is that I am in no way a mechanic of any sorts and dont know much about engines so if posting help, just dumb it down a little bit and be very detailed please and thank you!!!

Hi & welcome to the forum.

1. Pull the red wire of the rectifier (in the electric box) and go for a quick ride.....if it revs then replace the rectifier. the battery won't charge while doing this so keep it a short ride.

2. fuel problem - either the float is bad, if so then buy a new white one...about $10-$13 OR the baffle is bad, if so then replace it or fix it...search for fuel baffle solutions on here.

Am I wrong that the ski will not go to high revs if it THINKS it is low on fuel?

All of my Polaris skis in the past have always limited RPMs when low in fuel.

If this is the case, as noted it is likely a defective float. And, in replacing the float you will solve both issues.

It is protecting itself from running out of fuel so that you can get back to the dock.

Thank you both!!! I'll try replacing the float first then if the problem persists try unhooking the rectifier wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back