May 9th, Kissimmee River Run.

I don't think sitting for 5 weeks will be an issue at all. Mine sits all winter long as I top my tanks off, run with stabilizer, then top the tank off again. I'll bring 5 gallons of 93 for my ski.. Guess I'll get a second can as I will have two skis this time. But I seriously doubt that my GTX will need any additional fuel. That things runs all weekend on 15 gallons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

now I just have to find time to sneak out Wednesday afternoon to burn through some old gas that's sitting in the tank so I can head out with some fresh 93. I have 10 gallons in there that have been sitting for 5 weeks, my last two rides were so short (under 30 miles each) I haven't had to top off.

did you decide on Lake Placid area.. ? It was the only city I could think of that was reasonably close and not completely in cow country. and PS, if its there, and you get there a day early, you can catch a ride on the lake there, its nice clean water, Lake June is a really nice one with a good public ramp.

I am flying right now so my internet is a bit limited. Looks like there is a Hilton at Lake Okechobee about an hour away. I will look at things in greater detail once I get home or tomorrow as I will be in the office. I will use points as I have like 300,000 of them. I don't spend cash on hotels....

[MENTION=29781]Spimothy Leary[/MENTION]
Got a room in Lake Placid. Not to much around.
We will check out of that room on Saturday morning. Once we get done with the ride, we are going to travel east to the ocean and stay another night and then come home on Sunday.

Just bumping this up for any last minute potentials.

I will have Seadoo Forum shirts with me to give out...

Bumping this up one more time,,, I am leaving tonight and staying at a hotel as I am meeting my wife in the middle. If anyone needs anything, I will be in the area, just let me know. Looking forward to the ride and meeting new people.

And,,, as a reminder, I will have Seadoo Forum Shirts to give out...

Bumping this up one more time,,, I am leaving tonight and staying at a hotel as I am meeting my wife in the middle. If anyone needs anything, I will be in the area, just let me know. Looking forward to the ride and meeting new people.

And,,, as a reminder, I will have Seadoo Forum Shirts to give out...

Awesome, I didn't know we had shirts.

Yep. They were sent to me for another trip that few showed up to due to weather.

Few pics if the ride so far.

Where Jack missed the turn and crossed over the sand bar.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431189431.198030.jpg

Going through the locks.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431189494.964171.jpg

Some side trails.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431189538.497301.jpg

Will Post more later

Just glad that the sand was not a rock, as I swore it was as I went skidding over it.

Its all part of the adventure when participating in a technical ride, no damage = no worries.

There were 3 local people that I normally ride with that I didn't bring along because with two of them, the ski's they own aren't maneuverable enough to handle the sharp turns, and one guy that is still new to pwc's so I talked him out of going since I didn't feel comfortable bringing him along even though he has an RXP, I didn't want to be dragging him out of the tree's if he made a mistake. Even though we did that run at slow cruising speeds I still didn't want to see him get hurt.

I've done that same run on my 96 XP doing 50's into the turns and 60 on the straights with 5 ski's right on my rear end, it gets your blood pumping but its a blast.

Its all part of the adventure when participating in a technical ride, no damage = no worries.

There were 3 local people that I normally ride with that I didn't bring along because with two of them, the ski's they own aren't maneuverable enough to handle the sharp turns, and one guy that is still new to pwc's so I talked him out of going since I didn't feel comfortable bringing him along even though he has an RXP, I didn't want to be dragging him out of the tree's if he made a mistake. Even though we did that run at slow cruising speeds I still didn't want to see him get hurt.

I've done that same run on my 96 XP doing 50's into the turns and 60 on the straights with 5 ski's right on my rear end, it gets your blood pumping but its a blast.

And an adventure it was! I checked the ski over when I got back home, don't see any damage under it.

And an adventure it was! I checked the ski over when I got back home, don't see any damage under it.

ya, I knew you were fine before you even looked, you really have to hit something solid to do any noticeable damage.

your homework assignment is to practice docking w/o reverse.... once you get the hang of it your time on the water will be less stressful and also less wet. I rode w/o reverse for 6 years, the first 3 months it was hell, after that I never even thought about it.

Back