Making a SBT Core Run

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
No check in the mail today , so I gave them all call, apparently still they haven't had time to pull the 4tec apart yet, now Grandma was slow but dayum she was 97 , so I am not sure what their excuse is, I do know this much I could have pulled the whole damn engine apart in the parking lot with hand tools in the time it took to unload my truck and that's a fact Jack !

Not feeling warm and fuzzy about SBT right now !

Get that check? Happy?

I went over the prices with them before hand and the engines smaller than 717's were not bringing much at all. Those 717's and 787's should be worth 75 each and who knows on that 4-Tec.

The list went something like, one 4tec 185 engine, two 787's
one 717, two 951 cranks, two 787 cranks, four 657 cranks ,one 587 crank, two sets of 657 caese. one 587 case, numerous 657 cylinders, a 750 and 800 kawi cylinder, a 64 tigershark cylinder. a 701 and a 760 Yamaha cylinder 3 yami 66v cylinders, 2 yami 66e cylinders, three Yamaha triple crankshafts a few heads and 19 impellers and 3 balance shafts

I received an email this morning regarding a shipping notice of the parts I ordered last Wed. apparently having a truckload of cores is not sufficient collateral to ship me $200.00 worth of parts. I am just going to come out and tell it like it is SBT does not have their sh!t together, one hand does not know what the other is doing.

I hope this means my account is settled , a check has been issued and is sitting in my mailbox by tomorrow but I am damn sure not banking on it. Dealing with this company has been frustrating to say the least, which is why I deal with them less and less each year.

Thank God I got setup with WSM and Western Power Sports years ago, I buy most of my stuff there, if I had to depend on SBT to supply the parts for my business I would lose my damn mind in short order.

Parts arrived yesterday, no check in the box , no check in the mailbox either, it the thread that goes on and on, some fool started it not knowing what it was and now it goes on and on just because............................

Honestly I’m not surprised with this from SBT. Even with their parts there are very few worth a darn as most of it is cheap junk.

Really I have lost my patience, and for me that's saying a lot, I started a thread over there maybe if the wheel squeaks loud enough someone will grease it.

Last edited:
Really I have lost my patience, and for me that's saying a lot, I started a thread over there maybe if the wheel squeaks loud enough someone will grease it.
GL buddy! For some reason I have a feeling they low ball you on the 4tec. If only we had the time and man power to sell rebuilt engines..

Trust me I won't be making that mistake again, but I do know for a fact that there was no damage on that 4 tec engine, it sank and got water in it, no problem I didn't have anything in it.

I hate that it had to come to me posting a thread there to get this resolved but it worked and the check was mailed last Thursday, I have not received it yet but I should have it in my possession tomorrow. I will let you know the amount so others can determine if it's worth taking cores there or not.

i'd like to know the amount, and if its broken down, some of my core parts that i'm tripping over in my garage have got to go but if its not worth the 5 hours round trip, i'll just toss them on CL or the trash can depending on my mood.

If I ever actually receive a check I will be happy to tell you the amount but I doubt they broke it down where I can tell what brought what, Matt could probably shed more light on that subject that I .

I was told by a friend that deals with SBT quite a bit that they have gone through at least two if not 3 individuals that handle the cores, so apparently they are having some turnover issues. I was told the core rate for 4tec was $300 which is unimpressive but good enough.
maybe I should disassemble mine before I go up, I already have one that is disassembled as well that was very clean and planned on holding onto the cases for that.
I do know the core rates for 2 strokes have bottomed out, but the individual parts are not selling for much in the open market either. The last set of 587 cases I had I tossed in the trash because I couldn't find a buyer, got tired of looking at the box in the garage.

I would love to update this thread and say that everything turned out great, I really would love to but alas I cannot as I still have not received a check from SBT. So we are now at 18 days and counting.

I would love to update this thread and say that everything turned out great, I really would love to but alas I cannot as I still have not received a check from SBT. So we are now at 18 days and counting.

What happens when you call? Run around?

The 'ol "checks in the mail" routine, lol.

Sorry to hear your troubles with them. I've gotten to the point where the only business of mine they get is black friday for some cheap covers on flip skis. Hopefully after all this waiting they at least give you some good pricing.

Check came today it was about what I was expecting, check was $896.00 plus I got $222.00 worth of parts so a total of $1118.00, would I have liked to have gotten more, yes of course but who wouldn't, will I be doing it again anytime soon, hell to the na !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back