making a an engine compartment storage tray/cover 1997 sportser?hey

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarsjm

hey... just wondering, since i cant possibly be the only one who has the missing REAR storage compartment/engine cover shelf-like cover that makes that 'space' the storage area? has anyone done it? is there a way to make it from a sheet of like thick lexan/plexi? drill out holes for ventilation maybe..etc. would like to know if anyone has or done it with other materials. to find one isnt so hard... but it is costly... also, how about the starboard light pole... thats in the 80 buck range alone. thanks!

Glad you are enthusiastic about the forum and boating. You probably should post your inquires like this under the proper section, 2-Stroke SeaDoo Sport Boat Forum. More people will be viewing it and it is directed at that type of watercraft (boat, PWC, etc>) that fits your question.

I pulled your thread down into the boat section. This cover isn't just a storage cover, it's also for insulating the engine noise and heat. Sometimes, I have mine off when I"m out to tune, other times its on when I got the kids out and need a place to carry stuff.

I actually have a spare. I've had it in my garage for several years. I thought I might keep it just in case, because I quickly found out, the older the boat is, the harder it is to find the obsolete parts. Your Sportster and my Challenger are the same year and use the same storage tray, part #295500299. You can PM me if you like, I won't rob you, but won't give it away for free either.

If you make one, post the pix, I'm sure we'd all like to get an idea how to do something like this. Like you, I've had to manufacture a few things on mine because you can't find them. I used to shop at Babbitts, but they no longer sell Seadoo parts. They used to have obsolete items in stock.

good morning and thanks for the reply...

i think i got a line on one for a great price.... first, are you local to me in north lakeland or thereabouts? throw me a number and if its comparable, less and easier to get, i may go with you. i live in north lakeland, zip 33810. making one from marine ply was not going to be much of a problem, but a pain nonetheless and would not look as good as an oem one.

let me know and i will get right back to you either way... have a great day...DAMN is it cold and windy here today!! frick.. was gonna play with the boat and its too cold to do it :(

do you still have a spare storage cover, I have a 1999 Speedster SK and need to find

do you still have a spare storage cover, I have a 1999 Speedster SK and need to find

I pulled your thread down into the boat section. This cover isn't just a storage cover, it's also for insulating the engine noise and heat. Sometimes, I have mine off when I"m out to tune, other times its on when I got the kids out and need a place to carry stuff.

I actually have a spare. I've had it in my garage for several years. I thought I might keep it just in case, because I quickly found out, the older the boat is, the harder it is to find the obsolete parts. Your Sportster and my Challenger are the same year and use the same storage tray, part #295500299. You can PM me if you like, I won't rob you, but won't give it away for free either.

If you make one, post the pix, I'm sure we'd all like to get an idea how to do something like this. Like you, I've had to manufacture a few things on mine because you can't find them. I used to shop at Babbitts, but they no longer sell Seadoo parts. They used to have obsolete items in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back