Make my own seat for bow.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poptop89

Does anyone have a template or know where I can get one? I have the marine foam and marine vinyl but I need to make or find a template to cut out of plastic or plywood for the seat bottom. Anybody have anything that will help? I have a 95 sportster.

You can use chart paper to trace out the template, then transfer it to a piece of 1/4" marine plywood. I have the 1997 Challenger, and if your talking about that little seat up front, where everyone steps on it when getting into the boat, I actually did away with mine, and put down a piece of Hydro-turf, that I cut to forum fit that bench area. It's great for stepping into the boat, plus gives my kids a soft area to sit when I'm cruising the creek. Hope that helps a bit.

You can use chart paper to trace out the template, then transfer it to a piece of 1/4" marine plywood. I have the 1997 Challenger, and if your talking about that little seat up front, where everyone steps on it when getting into the boat, I actually did away with mine, and put down a piece of Hydro-turf, that I cut to forum fit that bench area. It's great for stepping into the boat, plus gives my kids a soft area to sit when I'm cruising the creek. Hope that helps a bit.

Holy shit...that's a great idea!

@Poptop89 I have grey one for a 97 speedster I can sell you. Mint condition! I ordered hydro-turf underpad and stuck hydro-turf to it and cut it to where the seat use to be. LOVE IT!

I was told to adhere my seat with a contact cement.

Cant find a "marine" contact cement. Im looking to adhere hydro-turf down with a contact cement instead of the adhesive that you can get on them.

Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks for the suggestions, I found a person selling some bulk outdoor/ uv foam mats. I made my seat with a cardboard trace I made. It looks pretty goos but now I have to figure out how to anchor it best.

Here is my final seat cutout.

I used a piece of Hydro-turf glued to a piece of 1" hydro-turf brand foam padding. Cut it to match the original seat cushion, and glued it down.

Attachments

• 20190208_140846.jpg
    20190208_140846.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back