"Maintenance Required" message & "Wrench" light on dash

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

briancayko

Hey all, last time out I got the "Maintenance Required" alert (goes across message center every time i start it up) and the dash light came on for the "amber colored Wrench" see picture. From what I understand this takes place when you are near routine maintenance checks. Seems like this happened around 96hours on my boat. I ran it the rest of the evening for about 2 hours and it ran perfectly. I do all my own maintenance and I am up to date but is there any way to get that message to reset? or is CanDoo the only way?

Attachments

• 2018-08-23 16.54.49.jpg
    2018-08-23 16.54.49.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
Additionally, when changing the oil today for winterization the screen is reading “Port- Maintenance Required” & when i ran it up to 4K rpms for the oil change on the port engine the display read “Limp Home Mode”. I don’t remember it doing that last year on the oil change but I am wondering if it is related? It was running perfectly 2 weeks ago when i last had it in the water. No codes are showing up in the message center when I scroll through either. Any feedback on this or the above issue would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Update: took to dealership and paid $20 for them to pull codes & reset maintenance code & light. All clear now & ready to go.

Mine was on after I picked it up from winter storage. So I asked if they had forgotten to reset it when they winterized and stored it... $65 later they told me there was a history code for low battery voltage and they cleared it. I guess it doesn't matter that they are the ones who stored it, charged and re-connected the battery in the spring :rolleyes:. Another donation made to the boat dealer!

lol thats what im expecting .i need to be able to clear maintenance codes out myself .
dealer is far away and they never do what i ask and always tell me a story. i was to pick up new ski on may1
they said earlier is better for us i said okay ill do you a favor pick it up a month early April 2 . after a 3 week advance notice they didnt install my link brakets so i didnt get around to having the extra fuel tank that i wanted . they didnt install my electric bildge pump,i didn't want the hand gaurds installed which they did and the factory cover dont fit well with them on and i told them i dont want to buy the hand guards if cover dont fit or dont fit well , you almost need a shoe horn to get cover on an off, the seems on new cover almost rip because the handle extend out and inch extra on each side, and the spare factory hardware was include that they keep so i had to order new shorther bolts after shipping $20, no big deal bur when you ask for some thing not to be done just for the reason i know that would go wrong and tey do it anyway well lol . i already bought registration number kit that i wanted because of color so what they installed there crapy numbers and its not free pof course and very crooked which is extra lol. there a few other things. i forget but i basically got as expected the opposite
at all cost i try to adviod dealership maintenance not totally because of $$ and a very long trip x 2 . but i never get what i ask for and ihave to walk out like im happy because if some major problem does go wrong they will put the whammy on me even harder .
im in the process of figuring what 50 hr maintenance is required and how to erase the maintenance code. ill probably buy the can do computer or whatever the name is .
but i looked at the owners manual and the maintenance items seem to be very incomplete. as to a good maintenance schedule im sure im not looking at it or in the wright place yet . if there a link someone can give me ill print it out etc etc ?????????????????????????????????? it is a great skii lots of fun.2018 gti 130 se ive hit 55 but most the time 54 i had some sand go thru pump so i lost 1 mph now 54 is top. but im not going to take pump out this season with 41 hrs on it.
ill do a few minor upgrades probably .i read the gti 155 is same motor except the mapping . sounds like an easy 25 hp.

41 hrs isnt much i hope it keeps running as good as it has so far.

Mine came on at the 100hr mark and again this year at the 115hr mark. both times the dealer pulled codes and reset the light having no faults. The service manual did not mention anything about 115hrs so I am not sure what the schedule is for these reminder lights. I am fortunate to have a SeaDoo dealer in town and they charged me $25 total to do both engines.

Maintenance code was on my display the entire summer and it ran flawlessly. I'll have them reset it during winterization in a few weeks.

thanks for some feedback , iguess the wrench is a basic reminder to get you worried to bring into dealer $$
to do some kind of maintenance as long as no limp mode . and if we get engine light then thats certainly an issue.
any maintenance anyone find thats critical that isnt really spoken about ?
example****** i found that when i pulled my heavy seat off i found a huge clump of salt hanging of the seat(like a small bees nest ) and the whole back of the motor is coated in salt spray. it cant be found on the hose . i ran ski on trailer and only in reverse the elbow fittings i believe for the bildge pumps sprays a fine stream of water all over inside the engine compartment beatiful . so at least everytime in brake or reverse the engine is getting a fresh blast of salt all over the place . so ill have to figure out a way to keep the salt bath off the metal parts in compartment. nice design lol i wish they had a nipple on the fitting and a small hose routing salt water outside the compartment. nice design if you like sea salt

this issue is about my 2018 gti 130

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back