Maintenance harness for Sea Doo Spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ajvigants

Premium Member
Premium Member
Is there a cheaper alternative to the Maintenance Harness for Sea-Doo Spark that is available on GreenHulk? $185 fopr a bit of wire and two connectors is borderline offensive. Bit even to just change oil or coolant you need to restart several times and with the insane split deck design of the Sparks it would require lifting the top deck back and forth many times. If I had thought this through, I am pretty sure I would not own Sparks.

If you could source the proper end connectors, could you create your own extension cords.....like you said...just a bit of wire.....I'd research that possibility before shelling out $185.00

Wish I had the time right now, but too much going on at work and with life in general.

@DeejayGTI - wish I knew that a month ago but needed it and pulled the trigger at GreenHulk. I felt ripped off for what it is (and still do) but at the time I could not find a cheaper source. Long term it just means I'll be less inclined to buy more things from them. I've bookmarked your site.

@DeejayGTI - man, THANK YOU! :thumbs-up: You just saved me some precious $ (that will now go straight from me to the wife and on our 1 year old rescue Jack Russell mix, “JAX” :angry:

(I nicknamed him, “WifenStealer” though and he just looks at me and smiles that dog smile -y’all know the one - and you can read his face, “Sucker, you just pay the bills around here - I sleep closer to her than you do!” :eek::Do_O

@ajvigants - I know the feeling - have had the same experience at least twice recently

btw, Martin at Reliable Tuning seems like one heckuva standup guy - will be ordering more, other stuff from Reliable Tuning once I get these winterization projects outta the way! :thumbs-up:

Why do you need to start the spark to change oil?? I have never done that with my spark, lawn mower, car, etc...

Hi, speed! Oh my bad, I didn’t mean to insinuate I “need” to start the engine, just to change the oil ...

On the other hand, with my particular oil extraction pump I use on our skis, the oil does always seem to come out quicker when warmed ...

More than anything else, for me personally, (AND FOR ONLY $86!!!), this cable is gonna more than likely prove to be invaluable when, eventually, I have one of these situations arise (copied off the Reliable Tuning website):
  • when there is no room to prop the top deck sideways on top of the hull, which could cause damage or harm
  • when your machine is on a double trailer
  • when you’d like to use “drowned mode” for getting the most oil out of the crankcase
  • when custom tuning is being performed
  • when troubleshooting issues, such as with sensors
Reliable Tuning's Spark Maintenance Cable

Update: also, fwiw, I ordered my Spark Maintenance Cable from Martin at Reliable Tuning around 2am on Tuesday morning and, it is now Noon on Friday - really less than 3 days - and the package just arrived! Now, that is what we call BLITZKRIEG FAST SHIPPING, man!!!!!!!!

You don't have to remove the deck to change the oil. Read your manual.

Chester

Hi, speed! Oh my bad, I didn’t mean to insinuate I “need” to start the engine, just to change the oil ...

On the other hand, with my particular oil extraction pump I use on our skis, the oil does always seem to come out quicker when warmed ...

More than anything else, for me personally, (AND FOR ONLY $86!!!), this cable is gonna more than likely prove to be invaluable when, eventually, I have one of these situations arise (copied off the Reliable Tuning website):
  • when there is no room to prop the top deck sideways on top of the hull, which could cause damage or harm
  • when your machine is on a double trailer
  • when you’d like to use “drowned mode” for getting the most oil out of the crankcase
  • when custom tuning is being performed
  • when troubleshooting issues, such as with sensors
Reliable Tuning's Spark Maintenance Cable

Update: also, fwiw, I ordered my Spark Maintenance Cable from Martin at Reliable Tuning around 2am on Tuesday morning and, it is now Noon on Friday - really less than 3 days - and the package just arrived! Now, that is what we call BLITZKRIEG FAST SHIPPING, man!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Spank!! I haven't visited this post in a long time and I am glad to see you're happy with everything. Appreciate the business. Let us know if we can help you with any future OEM part orders and aftermarket parts! Welcome to Reliable Tuning - Sea•Doo Performance Tunes

Chester is right that you do not need to remove the deck to change the oil. I did it without removing the deck. Once. It was a bit of a pain changing the filter, and you cannot really spray the anticorrosion stuff everywhere from the tiny access panel. And since I prefer to change plugs at the same time, I have made my peace with removing the deck for maintenance. Having the cable makes life a LOT easier. If you read the shop manual (not the owner's manual , which is more or less useless) the proper procedure involves multiple restarts between extraction steps, so being able to start and stop it at will is realy nice. You will also want this capability when it comes time to change the coolant. At <$100 this is a no-brainer IMO. My timing was off, so I paid $185, but it is what it is - by asking the question and getting the responses I now know who to go to first in the future.

Hey all. Just wanted to let you know we have a new revision to the maintenance cable everyone has loved so far! It now features a "remote start" button so you don't have to walk away from the engine area to start it or shut it down. Check it out. Same price.

Reliable Tuning's Maintenance Cable Harness

As of now there is a 10% off discount code "remotestart"

Another thought, albeit a crude.one.....why not just CUT the harness wires and make your own "extension" cord with the proper spade connectors.....I wouldn't do it on a brand new machine but once they are a year or two old......game on.

Back