Made myself a buoy (take two)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjilafouine

My thread was erased by mistake. No harm done. To recapitulate:

Four cinder blocks, tied together with chain. Four feet of chain, then floating buoys, then mooring snubber 16 inches and then a brass swivel to tie the ski. Total weight of 160 pounds in a cross pattern. The rope in the back is there to prevent the ski from going left and right.

Picture:

new buoy.jpg

We had heavy duty winds over the past 24 hours, sustained winds of 30 mph from the North (the worse stuff). I was quite worried last night but I decided to test it out instead of pulling the ski out of the water. From experience I was pretty confident that it would do the job although I was a bit nervous so I checked on it every three hours (yes, I went to check it in the middle of the night).

Conclusion tonight: it didn't move an inch. Total success. This is a fresh lake setup with waves hitting almost 1.5 feet in my area so this is not a sea setup or a three feet waves setup (we have that here but not in my spot). I even think it could sustain much more. So this setup is good enough for a ski.

Note: there was a fifth block in the water but it was not attached to the others. I wanted to monitor the other ones by using this one as a reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back