M2 Jet Drive Stator Plug

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jareaver

In the process of replacing the wear ring on my Islandia. The brass vent plug's hex slot has been stripped by the previous owner/shop and I cannot remove it from the stator housing (the drain plug came out easily/was not stripped). I've tried using a flat head screw driver to no avail. Any ideas how to go about removing the brass plug w/out damaging the stator? I ordered replacement plugs when I ordered the wear ring.

Brass plug

If you are changing the wear ring, you need to remove the entire stator housing. Once you get it off just drill a hole right through the vent plug and use an easy out to remove what is left. It may be necessary to apply a bit of heat to the housing to loosen things up, but be careful not to damage the housing.

* use a heat gun rather than a torch *

Aaron:cheers:

Thanks! I was thinking along those lines. Everything is already off and wear ring/anodes/misc parts should be here Monday. With the stator being ~$650 to replace, I wanted to turn to the forum for reassurance before I went ahead and did irreversible damage.

Make sure you don't get brass filings into the stator, If you do I think you will have to take it apart, if it has gears in it, which I assuming it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back