Stator brass plug replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere. The brass fill plug on the stator on my M2 Jet Drive was stripped out bad by a previous owner. I believe my only option is going to be drilling it and trying an ez out. Does anyone have the part number for replacement plugs? Or even just the thread size would help so I have something to go off of before destroying this old one. Not the best picture, but it's the two plugs on the middle of the stator. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20210227_140613.jpg
    20210227_140613.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 20
Hey guys! Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere. The brass fill plug on the stator on my M2 Jet Drive was stripped out bad by a previous owner. I believe my only option is going to be drilling it and trying an ez out. Does anyone have the part number for replacement plugs? Or even just the thread size would help so I have something to go off of before destroying this old one. Not the best picture, but it's the two plugs on the middle of the stator. Thank you!

Sometimes you can tap in a torx bit. But-
Looks like your best option is an ez-out. The plugs are the same. I don't remember if they are 3/8 npt or 1/2 npt. Hardware store item. But they are bronze, NOT brass.

I've got the same problem would love to hear some answers on how to extract it properly

Drill it and easy out is the only way that has worked for me. Looks like you need a new Bucket Cable BOOT too ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back