M2 240 EFI still wont run.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrille

I have checked all the fuel lines, changed filters, checked that i get fuel all the way up to the highpressure system. Checked inside the vapor/separator but still nothing..
I then cleaned the spark plugs and i got it running for a couple of secs:hurray:. After that it died again and will not restart!:(

The engine gets flooded any suggestion how to fix it. What to do next??

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not getting fuel to the vapor seperator? Or you are? You say still nothing, meaning no fuel or nothing wrong?

You are not getting fuel to the vapor seperator? Or you are? You say still nothing, meaning no fuel or nothing wrong?

I get fuel to the vapor separator. Nothing is wrong with the low pressure supply.
It starts when i clean the spark plugs then runs for 5 secs then dies again. After that it wont start again until i drain the fuel from the vapor and clean the spark plugs again. Engine runs for 5 secs again and once again dies out.

// Chrille Sweden..

Finally

I got it running.

I cleaned the plugs with (sandpaper?) and i got it running.
I let it run for 10 min and then stopped. Fired it up again with no problem.
After that i took it to the lake. Tried again but now it wont start!!!

Removed the sparks and they was black. (burned) don´t know the english word for it.

Is it enough if i replace the plugs or should someone check the fuel supply first??

Definitely start with the plugs. You may have a problem with the engine running too rich, but start by eliminating the basics first.

Aaron:cheers:

Finally found the problem.

The wires to the trigger was dried out and allmost cut off.
With a diagnostics program on a computer it was a piece of cake to foud out what was wrong. But to understand how the engine could run sometimes when the trigger is bad that made me confused.

Found that almost every wire was in really bad condition and with the cord out in the open they grounded the system sometimes..

So thanks for all help and hope someone else can be helped aswell.

Computer program?

What kind of computer program do you have? Do you take it to a dealer and have them do a scan or do you have a program for a laptop?

What kind of computer program do you have? Do you take it to a dealer and have them do a scan or do you have a program for a laptop?

Left it to a certified mercury shop who checked the engine with a laptop.
Would be really nice to have that program at home and a cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back