Lucky me, I found a hole in my ride plate!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prather

Hello all,

So, I just got my Sea Doo back from the mechanic with the wear ring fixed and discovered a NEW problem. Whether or not he admits that he caused the damage is yet to be seen.

The problem was that it was not holding ANY coolant, and it was leaking out of the back (not in the bilge). I wouldn't call it a leak, but a GUSH. It was losing water as fast as I poured it in.

I took off the pump to inspect the inspect the ride plate and found this:

Ride Plate 2.jpgRide Plate1.jpg

It appears the ride plate was struck with a tool by blunt force or prying. I have no idea what kind of tool would have left that shape.

Seeing how I'm having bad luck with mechanics, I'm pretty handy and I'm considering changing the ride plate myself. I've seen various posts about changing the ride plate where some say it's easy, and some say it's difficult.

So what am I looking at here? Is this an all day job? Do you recommend a replacement OEM plate or aftermarket?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

So what am I looking at here? Is this an all day job? Do you recommend a replacement OEM plate or aftermarket?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

It is a time consuming job. The ride plates are REALLY on there. You will want to look in the manual as it actually shows to use a jack to remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back