low oil pressure warning

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

zedbags

I have a 2016 GTI limited. Whenever i hard break in the water, I get a low oil pressure warning. Now, i recieved a long beep with a check engine and the ski shut down. Started right back up, with no problems. It's not throwing any codes at all. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I'm still new to this whole thing!

Just out of curiosity, is the engine filled to the proper capacity of oil? I'm not a 4tec guy (2 Stroke guy) but it sounds like you lose oil pressure when the oil would slosh to the front of the engine and there isn't enough in the engine to keep the system fed. Again, just a guess/question.

A lot of guys do not check the oil properly, you must start it up for 30 seconds, then shut it off and wait another 30 seconds before you check the oil. If you just check it without running it then it's usually a 1/2 a quart low, be sure to be as level as possible when checking.

I am having the same exact issue... hit a hard wake and it beeps at me showing “Check Engine” “Low Oil Pressure Warning”

What did you do to resolve the issue? Was it anything major? @zedbags

It's possible you have a bad oil pressure switch. Fairly common problem depending on the year.
The earlier years didn't monitor the oil pressure at idle, only at 2500 or so (I don't recall the exact rpm)
so they will start fine, idle fine but when you take off, they will trip the alarm. Incidentally it usually happens when the ski is on an angle because you under power & it can be intermittent. so it makes you think its an oil level issue, but by design the main oil pump pick up is always in an oil bath. It would have to be really low on oil to not be.

I'm not real familiar with the late models electronics though, they might have changed a bit form earlier ones?

If you check the oil the wrong way you are about a half quart lower than what you would be reading properly, and being the oil pickup is in the front of the engine if you are a bit lower than the minimum level it can get air during hard acceleration or when the bow is high, the reason they do this is because there is no depth to the oil pan and everything drains down like the oil filter the s/c and all of the galleries. These engines only hold 3 quarts total and if you are down to the bottom of the fill on the dipstick then really you only have 1 or 2 in it and it will starve. Yes you could have a bad pressure switch also, but fill it with oil the right way first and see if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back