Lost Speed - 97 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

medicalwaste21

Newbie here people - I have owned a 97 GTX for about 2 years and it has lost about 10 MPH since I bought it.....any suggestions?

Thanks...GR,MI

Info?.........

Not a lot of info to go on there, but I'd guess that your wearing ring my be starting to loose some clearance, if you think the revs are about the same.

Im still running 7000 rpm - and have gotten a ew weeks caught in it this ummer....would an aftermarket impeller help? If yes, what brand and pitch for general use - tubing & speed?

Lets try that again - Im still running 7000 rpm - and have gotten a few weeds caught in it this summer....would an aftermarket impeller help? If yes, what brand and pitch for general use - tubing & speed?

michigan? getting on toward time to put it away for the year anyway. pull the pump. check the wear ring and impeller. i think you will see what you need done. also, when you see typo's, click the edit box after the post, and you can fix them without re-posting.

Reverse Gate Question

When I pulled my 97GTX out of the water last weekend I noticed that the reverse gate was in the full down position. Does this sound right as I have lost speed? Can you tell me how the reverse gate operates and what initiates it?

I do know that - so why was reverse gate cover in the down position when I put it on the trailer when the direction selector was set at forward?

Reverse bucket...

If your reverser bucket was in the down position while you had it in forward on the selector, this is why you didnt' move anywhere. Why?

You need to check your linkage. Try grabbing the bucket from the back and lifting it up and down. See if you can feel something broken.

There is a catch on the bucket so that, if the cable breaks, you can manually lift it up and the keeper will lock it till you get where your going.

If you don't see any problems in the back of the bucket, you'll need to determine if it's come lose from the control handle assembly.

If something is broken (cable etc....), what would happen if it is in forward gear and under full power? Lost speed possibly or? I did grab the bucket and pulled it to the up position - it stayed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back