Loose clear tube sunk GTI what is it’s pur

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

1976camaro

I have a 2011 GTI 130 that sunk last week. Got a call from the marina it was submerged. After it was raised and water pumped out and engine cleared of water in cylinders. Managed to get it started
We found out the cause was from a clear hose that came loose from the back of the ski. Not sure what the purpose is. There are two tubes that inside the engine compartment take in water and circulate it. The two tubes come out they are coupled to a yellow 90 degree fitting that has a pee hole that also puts a small amount of water in the hull when accelerating. I think they may have something to do with the braking system
I can barely reach to put the tube back on let alone clamp or rezip tie it. Can I just plug it? What is this tubes purpose?

I attached a picture of the two clear tubes I’m wondering about. The one on the left side face is the one that came loose. They are soo far down in the jet ski almost out of reach. Could I plug the line? If it has to be reattached how in the world can you teach it. If my arms were only a couple inches longer!!

Attachments

• 76225D1A-E4F0-4095-BFCE-5DA3F5839B5B.jpeg
    76225D1A-E4F0-4095-BFCE-5DA3F5839B5B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
Those are your siphon tubes for the bilge system. They pull any water out with vacuum from the jet pump. Basically it’s your bilge pump.

Thanks for the information. So if I cannot reconnect. I can just plug them right? Someone installed an electric bulge pump in the ski I found disconnected after it sunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back