Looking for help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylerj99

Hello

I have a 2003 Seadoo XPDI and I am having a charging issue. When the ski is running the battery keeps dropping. After a couple seconds the maint message and light comes on along with a long beep. I have put a couple different rectifiers on it with no luck.

I put a multimeter on the 3 yellow wires coming to the connector on the stator and I am getting a reading of 0 ohms. I’m not sure what that means.

Any help would be appreciated

Did you download the manual on the ski? I am not sure what readings you should have on the 3-yellow wires but that information should be in the troubleshooting section of the manual. Are you sure your battery is good. I've had bad batteries, even brand new ones cause problems.

The DI skis are really power hungry so you need a really good strong battery.

Use a meter to see what the battery voltage is resting, cranking and rev the engine up to about 4,500 rpm and see what you are getting.

Resting should be at least 12.5V cranking really shouldn't go below 12V and at 4,500 rpm you should be about 13.5V.

Report back.

Remove the front electrical plug and check that none of the pins are corroded, especially the hidden female plugs, just use a small screw driver to remove the orange caps. Insert your meter pins into a pair of the yellow wires at the back of the rectifier plug. Set the meter to ac V. Start the engine and rev up the motor, you should get readings around 25 ac V as you alternate testing pairs of the 3 yellow wires. This will eliminate the stator since you have replaced the rectifier. Also it is possible that the electric fuel pump is drawing too much, this can also set the maintenance beeper warning. Yes, as has been posted, put a load tester (assuming it is fully charged), on the battery to confirm the battery is solid.

Without the engine running I’m getting about 12.5v then when the engine is running it drops down to below 11v. I ended up putting a stator in it and have a brand new rectifier on the way. I believe the ones that I tried in it might have been used and piossibly bad. If the rectifier doesn’t do it then I don’t know what else to try. I have also checked the 30 amp fuse in the box up front.

Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back