Looking for a 2002 xp finger throttle or oem handlebar end cap

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffburnett19

I'm looking for a finger throttle or an end cap that will fit an oem pad for a finger throttle. Even a lead to find one would be much appreciated new or used as long as it complete and functioning. Email or call me Jeffburnett19@gmail.com call or text 708-965-2378 my name is Jeff thank for your time.

Join the club. Alot of people on this site are looking for them. They seem to be very rare to find. If only someone would start making them again....

I take it it's a different shape than my 99 gsx? I got one for my ski off someone on another forum who had a batch made. Fit was "difficult", but it's on there and looks good.

You can make something on a 3d printer or I was thinking of making a plug and molding something out of abs before I found mine.

I take it it's a different shape than my 99 gsx? I got one for my ski off someone on another forum who had a batch made. Fit was "difficult", but it's on there and looks good.

You can make something on a 3d printer or I was thinking of making a plug and molding something out of abs before I found mine.

I saw them on the other forum, they were cut wrong in my eyes. They should fit no problem from the rubber bar pad to the later plastic bar covers like your 99.

I offered to make these in plastic but need a commitment of X pieces to get the price right. I can't just have 50 made and sit in then for the next 10 years to get my investment back unfortunately. I made both left and right sides and they were spot on to the original ones made by UMI and KVPI.

I'll see if I can find the thread.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I agree on the cut. The hole for the bar to pass through is about 1/2" off from what the stock piece was, forcing the bar trim to be forced forward to fit and it was a slightly different shape as well. It took some elbow grease to get together but looks better than not having anything there at all. I almost wonder if it was made like that purposely to push the trim forward and allow more room for the throttle cable and such in front so it fit better. I messaged the seller about the fitment "issue" and have not heard back...

I'll check out your thread in a bit too, more options would always be nice. I can do hollow abs/kydex ones fairly easily without really needing a minimum if you'd want to give that a shot.

I made mine from delrin. That is easily drilled, filed, or what ever to allow passages for wires to allow for each user to "tweak" their install to their position. Also depending on what trigger you use the cable doesn't exit in the same location, I left that corner complete to allow you to just drill a hole to let the cable pass thru.

That's cool, I don't have access to a mill or anything anymore or I'd probably do the same. I have a smaller laser cutter that I have used to cut out individual pieces of birch to glue the stack together as a 3d plug of what I need and molded various thermoplastics that way. I was going to do that before I found this other one. It isn't how I would have made it if I machined one from aluminum, but it works.

Just to update, I still have not received a reply from the seller on the "other" board regarding the fitment concerns with the block off plate. Pretty sad if you ask me, friendly prior to getting the money, let me know when it shipped, etc., then once I have a concern (one I wasn't even upset about, just curious), he just decides to no longer reply. Wtf is wrong with people?

Sorry man, that sucks. Hope he gets back to you, that's not right.

Not the end of the world, it does its job. Like I said, it may be like that for a specific reason, which I could live with. It is his lack of response that ticks me off more than any fitment issues. I even gave him a couple bucks extra to cover paypal fees and such just being a nice guy, oh well.

For those who may be interested, here is a pic showing the difference between the plate and a tracing of the stock piece.

Attachments

• 2015-04-18 09.55.43.jpg
    2015-04-18 09.55.43.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 2015-04-18 09.57.04.jpg
    2015-04-18 09.57.04.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 21
Yep, that part is several radius's that all blend into each other. You have to be able to measure all those and the fudge them a little to make the correct. Unfortunately I can't find my original drawings in cad but we do have the program written for the CNC.

If I do anything here, it will just be a mold to make them from abs or something. I can just scan the tracing I took into corel and clean it up then laser the pieces :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back