List of mods for a 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brock1

hey guys i have been thinking about doing some serious mods on my xp...I thought it would be good to list any and all mods that you have done so others can see what you did and WHAT IT TOOK TO DO IT..such as rejetting for a pipe ETC... please list your mods and what changes you had to make to do them... Lets help the new guys to see what it takes to get power and speed out of a 787 engine...My first mod is gong to be a high compression head and im looking at this one here in the link what do you have to say about this head and what changes will have to go with it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEADOO-WPP-..._Watercraft_Parts&hash=item43ae8ee35c&vxp=mtr

Here is the deal Brock....yes that is a good bolt on head for a pump gas 787 but he wants too much for it or I would have bought it six months ago. That's a $100-$150 part. Now my Westcoast heads are different so that all silver one may be special in a way that I don't understand but I doubt it. The reason and only reason I say yes is because of the 44's(dome size). In addition to that you must check the squish after you bolt it on. If your squish is too low then you will have to pull your jugs and install a thicker base gasket. There is no skipping this Brock or you will just ruin a previously good running engine(trust me). You will not notice much gain either but it sure looks cool and will work better in conjunction with pipe or carb mods.

I have one with 20 hours on it(R&D pipe) going strong and I just finished one with that head and a Rossier pipe that runs good.

agree with a 951 swap, its amazing the difference...
but thats not realistic... and IMO neither is the head, i wouldn't blow $200 on it...until after you've completed this list.

prop, i've read that the concord is the way to go but I can't speak from experience with the wishbone hull,i owned a XPL for awhile but didn't have it long enough to mess with the prop.

pipe, I love my factory spec1, and prok's : and yes I had to rejet the carbs and I hard jetted the pipe and waterbox

water injection, extra thump, love it !

if after you do all that and your still not happy, then look at a performance head, that's just my opinion that a performance head, although does give an improvement, its not as noticeable as the other's listed above. IMO a performance head is for a hardcore rec rider that wants to shave an extra second or two on a bouy run, not for your regular joe.

when I swapped prop's i went WOW
when i added Spec1 i went WOW
when i turn off water injection its like hitting the brakes WOW
high performance head... meh...

ultimately a 951 is the real answer :) but its not a simple change :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanks for all the help and it makes sense what your saying...... anybody else please list your mods for other members and maybe the moderators will make this a sticky in the future if we get enough valuable info

ben's secret mods is the ultimate sticky :)
google that puppy, it will keep you busy for an hour !

it applies to 951 but the basic principles (and the hull you have) remain the same

Last edited by a moderator:
ok hey check out my other thread on changing the lanyard without changine the key on my xp...got any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back