Lean idle cause?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 97 xp has two check valves in the accel pump lines. The pump itself doesn't have any check valve so there should be one ahead and one behind.

Verify your pop off and low speed needle settings.
Can you provide a picture with both of these check valves in it? I would be very interested in comparing.

Not sure if it helps any but I can tell you that on my 951 there is a check valve built into the inlet of the a-pump and both nozzles have check valves in them, so the fuel can only move in one direction as the diaphragm in the a-pump is actuated back and forth.

I'll see if I can when I get back in town, but as I remember the other one looked like yours and maybe was tan?

Not sure if it helps any but I can tell you that on my 951 there is a check valve built into the inlet of the a-pump and both nozzles have check valves in them, so the fuel can only move in one direction as the diaphragm in the a-pump is actuated back and forth.
See, all the documentation I have read states that the a-pump circuit is like Sportster just described. However, apparently Strizzo and mine is some variant of this. It will be interesting to see if these check valves we have are additional or if for some reason our carbs are different.

I rebuilt my accel pump and it didn't have any check valves in it. It works like the fuel pump
Check valves are ">"

Supply > diaphragm pump > accel nozzles.

Without the two check valves the pump just moves fuel in and out, not in a particular direction.

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!! It is resolved!!! Well the weather was poor today as forecasted so I took the Doo off of the jet slide dock and put it on the trailer. Checked the a-pump nozzles. Checked the MAG carb nozzle first as I recalled this one had an issue last time which I thought I had fixed. Sure enough, it was not spraying gas. PTO carb nozzle was spraying great. So I removed the charge line from the nipple on the MAG carb and tried spraying WD-40. No WD-40 would pass through the nozzles. So then I blue (painters) tapped paper towels all around the nipples and covering the carb body and attempted to spray small burst of carb cleaner through. I had a small rag in the throttle body to catch anything No penetration on the 1st blast, but the second blast penetrated and sprayed out of the nozzle. I then sent several blasts of compressed air through it. Did the WD-40 spay tes again and was getting good WD-40 blasts through the nozzles. Before connecting the charge line back to the nipple, I squeezed the throttle to make sure gas was coming through the charge line and check valve. Gas pumped out of the line so I re-connected the charge line to the nipple and retested everything. Yeah!! both nozzles were pumping great streams. After some more general inspections of little items while I had it on the trailer, I put everything back together and put it back in the water. Boom!!! no more issue coming off of idle. I hit the throttle now and she pops on top of the water like a new machine.

Thanks for everyones input!! That is why I like this forum so much. I only hope I can pass along help to others when I can. Thanks again everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back