Lcd fuel gauge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman4226

I have 2 97 gsx with less than 60 hrs on both . the fuel lcd displays on both have not worked since I got them. With both low hrs and both doing it I'm hoping it's a simple fix. The rest of the info center works and I see no fuses in wiring diagram. Any ideas ? Thanks for any help

There is a post about fixing the problem. the tank sender circuit board has a fuse built into it. The problem is gas eats it up and it falls apart / fails. You have to take out the fuel sender unit from the fuel tank. You cut an access hole in the body of it. Then you bridge the old fuse position with Solder. Replace the old gas tank floats with new ones. Melt plastic to weld in the hole piece you took out. You have to find the post so you see what I mean. You can buy a replacement sender unit. It's $90 and it will last one season till the fuse fails on the new one. A Sea Doo mechanic told me they last a year.

On a GSX the gas tank is directly under the handlebars, I don't know where you would cut an access hole to get to the fuel baffle.

I've found that at least 9 out of 10 times the cause is the float in the fuel baffle, just replace the float in the fuel baffle with the newer molded type, not so easy on the GSX. You will need to remove the gas, remove the rubber straps on the fuel tank and oil tank. Loosen the steering and use a block of wood to hold it up. Slide the fuel tank forward and remove the baffle through the front access.

Since you've done all this work check the fuse with an ohm meter to make sure it's not the fuse.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
We're not talking about the same thing, the previous post said to cut a hole in the body to get access to the fuel baffle, I was pointing out on a GSX there is no place to cut a hole in the body to get to the fuel baffle. Actually I don't think it's a good idea to cut a hole in any ski to get to the fuel baffle.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back