Koocanusa Update

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Highmark

The water level is rising quickly. Went up about 3 feet over the weekend. Should be good to go at Kookumun launch by next weekend. Of course it will be a bit merky. Just letting everyone know.

waters rising

Just got home from Koocanusa.Weather was hot hot hot :cheers:
I saw a couple of boats from the bridge. Gold Bay isn't quite full yet, but high enough to launch 5 houseboats this week. Our bay at Madera is slowly filling. They're letting out some water at Libby this weekend for some sturgen run :( ,but hopefully they'll close the gates soon and we'll have a full lake July 1st:cheers:

Koocanusa

Just got back, launched at Kikomun Fri & Sat. Enough water to the south to go boating. The usual wood though. Took our boats and not the seadoos though, as there were thunderboomers. Word has it this will be a bad year for the water level. We are planning a complaint to the Libby Dam and I will forward the info when I get it. See ya out there.

Libby Dam

I was talking to one of the guys at Sunshine houseboats on Sat. He said the lake was going down 6" a day as long as the gates were open :mad:
I also heard it won't be full pool this year . I'd be interested in any info you find out :cheers:

Just got back from koocanusa last night,26 deg. at 6pm when we left ,4 deg in Nanton at 10pm:ack:
Lake is rising 5" a day (last 4 days) lots of sticks and logs still,should be clear soon. Happy Canada Day:cheers:

Back