2002 GTX 155 with Milky Oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

viper12161

New to me ski. Went to change the oil and it was a milky brown. Not a color I like seeing from an engine. I just bought this a month or so ago. Engine runs great. Recently changed the plugs and they looked fine as well. The oil on the stick was fine when I checked it before buying, normal oil color, so I was a bit surprised when emptied the oil container after draining. Filter looked ok as well, and didn't appear to have a milky appearance to it. I know the ski was stored outside over the winter, so wonder if maybe some condensation snuck in there. Coolant level is right where it should be. I would think if coolant was getting into the oil, the coolant level would go down and the oil level would go up, but that does not seem to be the case. Both fluid levels were fine. So does condensation seem like a viable cause here? I'm hoping to put her in the water in the next month or so once the water warms up a bit. Figured I would drive it a bit and then change the oil again.

Thanks!

unlikely condensation but likely water. Either its coolant or lake water---doesn't take much to turn oil milky, so be methodical when measuring coolant level (to rule it out). I theory it could come through exhaust I think if run on hose too long with engine off

Good to know. I had read about not putting hose on until running and am pretty diligent on that, however not sure what the guy I bought it from did. so maybe that's what happened. I would think if it was coolant, it would have gone through the whole system while it was running and the filter would have been all clogged up, but it looked fine. I didn't even realize there was an issue until I went to empty the oil container. I did leave it out all night, maybe the container got moisture in it then. One can dream lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back