Keel / Hull damage 1997 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ocho_squeebs

Hello,
New member here....I am looking to pick up a 1997 Speedster...motors have been rebuilt, mechanicals are great shape, owner was meticulous...the bad is the keel and hull need substantial repairs...his kid smoked a rock in the river at 35 MPH ish. I can attach pictures but curius what you folks take is on it. I have never attempted any repairs. I have tools and will to do it just not sure cutting out an area and re glassing is siomething a rookie should attempt.

1. the affected area is 6-7" wide by 4-5 feet long (ie. exposed fiberglass / stress cracks). If cut out what would / how would you brace for the new glass to hold to? scouring youtube videos but still drawing a blank. I see that fiberglass is an art along with gel coat but for 2200 buck and a 1997 I am not into it for ridiculous money. Any help or direction will be appreciated! Thanks

Dave

I haven't donne this repair myself,this is just me gelcoating the area.
Previous owner hit a dock a "little" to hard . Damage was almost like fotball size with a tennisball size hole right throug. I've seen pics from the repairjob. Even as this was repaird on a budget it was pretty extensive.
This doesen't help but maybe give a hint on the scale of amount of work thats needed.
Is the damage fglas soft when you push on it?
31.jpg

I haven't donne this repair myself,this is just me gelcoating the area.
Previous owner hit a dock a "little" to hard . Damage was almost like fotball size with a tennisball size hole right throug. I've seen pics from the repairjob. Even as this was repaird on a budget it was pretty extensive.
This doesen't help but maybe give a hint on the scale of amount of work thats needed.
Is the damage fglas soft when you push on it?
31.jpg

It is not soft when you push on the exposed fiberglass, if you knock on it with a wrench it does sound hollow in spots where the cracks are.

I'm not an expert but you would think a fiberglas damage with a spongy feel have to be cut out and completly redone but a damage that you describe just have to be grind down and filled. I'm sure there are guys here that know alot more how to proceed .... they just out boatin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back