2000 GTI Hull Repair

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregRod

Looking for some recommendations on an approach to repairing the hull of a 2000 GTI I picked up from a neighbor last summer. The damage is right on the keel in two places. The first is about 14" - 15" long and maybe two inches wide. The smaller damaged area is maybe 4" long. You can see in the photos that the larger damaged area goes through the outer layer of fiberglass in spots. There is no damage visible from the inside. Based on the way the fibers are flaking, I'm guessing it's been ridden this way for a while. As far as I know, it spent winters on its lift (Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri).

I've done some basic fiberglass repairs before, and I hope to accomplish this on the trailer, working from the ground. I know I need to add some mats and build up the damaged area before gel coat. I'm shooting for a solid, functional repair. I'm not so concerned with cosmetics, given where the repair is.

My problem is that simply googling repair options is a little overwhelming. There are lots of threads here on the topic as well, but I'm hoping I can get some experienced advice on a kit or system that someone had a lot of success with (i.e. "try Kit X from so-and-so fiberglass systems").

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220516_143611.jpg
    20220516_143611.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220516_143706.jpg
    20220516_143706.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back